Chapter 10: The Oracle

I had to say despite everything capture the flag was fun. Fotia and I still stayed at the Hermes cabin as I wondered when I was going to get claimed. I at least had fun with Clarisse, Adam, and Chris, although I learned that Clarisse had a crush on Chris, so having the two of them within eyesight made things a tiny bit awkward.

Begrudgingly I started partaking on lessons after being allowed to use my weapon. I began to become friends with Luke, as well. So things weren't all that bad except for the fact that no one knew who my godly parent was. This wouldn't be a problem if not for the constant stares as if one could tell my parent by the way I acted, although I'll admit that some acted similar to their half-siblings.

A sighed as I sat on the porch of the Big House. Fotia walked up to me with a recorder in his mouth.

⚔️🛡⚔️

Percy grabbed the recorder and listened to a playback.

"We should not concern the boy." a voice came through. "He isn't even claimed."

"We have no choice. Zeus believes he is the thief, and this is the only way to prove otherwise." said another voice.

A soft sigh was followed by an 'if we must.'

Percy sat on the steps petting the fire cat's head as he put the recorder away. Not long after, the centaur Chiron walked out.

"Percy! I was just about to call for you," he said.

"What's up?" he smiled.

"You need to see the oracle."

⚔️🛡⚔️

The attic was like something out of a horror movie. So much so that Fotia had run back to the porch after one look. Percy almost wanted to do the same.

The attic was dark, dusty, and full of items that had belonged to old half-bloods. As Percy walked, he saw a corpse that was dressed in clothes not often worn in this decade. A shiver went down his spine as mist flowed from the skeleton.

"Approach seeker."

Having heard the story thousands of times before, he stepped and gulped(you try being in a dark room with a dead person that was speaking very creepily.)

"What was stolen?" he asked, trying his hardest not to stutter. If only Fotia were here. Things would be so much easier.

More mist filled the room, suddenly making Percy stumble back slightly.

"You shall go west,
And face the who has turned.
You shall find what was stolen,
And see it safely returned.
And you shall be betrayed by one who calls you friend." a raspy voice spoke. Percy paled at this. The mist went back into the long-dead oracle as Percy stood there.

"Fuck."

Words: 456
Alright I'm all caught up on updating until tomorrow. Lovely.

Anyway, these are your choices for this weeks guidebook chapter:

1. James Cantu
2. Doctor who references
3. Chaos's and Order's powers
4. Only a little

As always, choose wisely.

-Red