Chapter 12: So Many Monsters

The rest of the bus ride was spent in silence. Adam wasn't even playing a game. I was petting Fotia for most of it, knowing the others would give me worried looks every once in a while, which was a little annoying but oh well. I tried my best not to fiddle with the ashes of the paper.

At some point, Fotia started to paw at my sleeve, trying to get my attention. I looked at him. He pointed to the front of the bus. Three old ladies got on the bus; why point them out? He hisses as they got closer.

⚔️🛡⚔️

Shit!" he muttered quietly but loud enough for his companions to hear.

"What?" Clarisse asked.

"We've got monsters," he whispered. "The three old ladies who got on."

"How do you know?" Adam asked.

"Fotia can tell us who's a monster. There is a reason I brought him along." Fotia hissed once more at the old ladies, who sat a few seats ahead of the group.

The two other demigods cursed softly as Percy tried to think of a plan. When he finally did, the three excused themselves to use the restroom.

"Fotia, get the driver to stop the bus." the fire cat nodded and jumped off Percy's lap. "We need to hold them off as long as possible."

⚔️🛡⚔️

Fotia likes to think he's a smart cat and believed he had an intelligent owner, at least until his owner got caught for a prank so simple. However, Fotia hated how he had to be careful not to notify the humans of his presence as he made his way to the driver.

After almost burning several feet, he made it to the driver's feet.

'I better get some damn good fish for doing this.' Fotia thought as flames covered his teeth.  'Fire Fang!'

The fire cat bit into the driver's leg, which was currently on the gas, and got mouthful blood. He let go as the leg moved up. Fotia flinched at the loud yell of pain and jumped on the brakes, not before spitting out the blood.

'Ember!'  He set fire to the driver's pants and seat as soon as the door opened. The driver and most of the passengers got out.

Fotia went into the aisle.

"We need to get the fuck out of this bus!"  the cat meowed to the demigods as the fire spread.

"This has been fun, but we need to go." his owner started as Fotia caught on. "Flame thrower!"

A stream of fire left Fotia's mouth as Percy and the others left the bus. Once off, he heard his owner's voice.

"Flame wheel !" Fotia followed the order, and flame wheeled out of the bus with a temp speed boost.

He landed on his Owner's head.

"You owe me fish and not the shitty kind." he pawed at the boy's head.

"I know, I know. I'll get you a treat at the next town." Percy said.

"As soon as the fire clears, we should get back on." Harvest Child said. Then lightning struck the bus. "Oh, come on!"

"You jinxed it." Fotia and the child of war said at the same time.