||Chapter 1||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter One

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Masquerade at an Assholes House"

   Lorelei didn't quite know how to feel. She knew everything went to shit once Miranda and Grayson passed away, but then there was the arrival of the Salvatore brothers. That was the icing on the cake. It seemed that everywhere they went, danger followed. And they dragged Elena into that danger. And eventually Jeremy seemed to follow. 

   It seemed like everyone knew what was going on and nobody wanted to tell her about it. It was pissing her off. Everyone close to her, minus Jenna, seemed to be harbouring this big secret that she couldn't be told. She was getting sick and tired of it, but she knew she could figure it out, though for right now, she had to help Jenna get into the house without falling over.

   Jenna winced.

   "Sorry, Jenna. Are we moving too fast? Do we need to slow down? Better yet, do you want me to just carry you? I have enough strength. More than Matt-" Lorrie was interrupted by Jenna placing a shaky hand on her mouth.

   "Lorrie, sweetie, it's okay. I can handle it. You don't need to baby me," Jenna noticed Lorrie was about to continue, but cut her off with a pointed look. "Lorrie, it's okay. You don't have to worry about me, it was just a little accident. Accidents happen."

   "Like Tyler Lockwood?" Lorrie asked jokingly. She heard Jeremy choke on his spit as he sputtered out a laugh. Even Matt smiled at that. Elena, however, slapped her arm giving her a hard look, but Lorrie could see the amusement in her eyes.

   "That's mean, Lorrie."

   "That's the point, Elena."

   The group approached the door and Jeremy pushed it open. Jenna was clinging to Matt on her right and Lorrie on her left.

   "Easy. Grab the door Jer," Matt commanded.

   Jenna rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time that day. "Hey, stop fussing, I'm fine."

   Elena placed her hand on Jenna's shoulder. "The doctors said that you have to take it easy."

   "Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die, alright?" Jeremy asked as he closed the door and walked over to help Jenna down the step into the living room.

   "Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment," Jenna stated sarcastically.

   Matt looked up with a smile. "No."

   Jenna looked over to Lorrie. "I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?"

   Elena and Jeremy looked to each other like they knew something about this accident. Elena spoke up.