||Chapter 9||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Nine

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Know Thy Enemy Before You Try to Stab Thy Enemy With a Pointy Stick"

   Jenna was driving (very recklessly) over to Lorrie's new house. She couldn't believe that Elena's birth mother was alive and that she was Ric's supposed dead wife. Jenna was getting sick of the lies. Sick of everyone keeping things from her (even though she already knew most of it. She wanted to know if they'd ever end up telling her). So she went to the people who didn't keep anything from her. The people who were like a separate family from the Gilbert's, minus Lorrie, and anyone else involved in that stupid Scooby Gang.

   She pulled up in the driveway, tears clouding her vision once again. She ran up to the porch and rang the doorbell. Seconds later, Trevor answered the door, a smile on his face.

   "Jenna! This is a pleasant- wait you're crying," he noted. He walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Hey, no, shh. Come on, love. Over to the couch you go." He sat the distressed woman down and reached up to her face to wipe away her tears. "No, love. No tears. Why don't you just tell me what's wrong."

   Jenna sniffled and tried to calm her breathing. "Last-" she cleared her throat. "Last night, a woman showed up on the doorstep, and get this, she's Elena's bio-mom and Ric's dead wife."

   Trevor's brows shot into his hairline. "Oh…"

   Jenna laughed dryly. "Yeah 'oh'. And Elena had apparently already met her before."

   "And she didn't tell you? Bitch move."

   Jenna flashed a small smile. Trevor's smile, in return, grew as well. "Yeah! There it is. Never lose that beautiful smile, love. It looks good on you."

   "Thanks for listening to me rant, Trev. I know you'd rather be doing… literally anything else, but-"

   "No, I wanted to help you. If I really didn't want to do it, I wouldn't," he reassured.

   Jenna smiled up at him. "Well, thank you anyways. For being here for me and not keeping anything from me."

   He coughed awkwardly. "Well… there may be one thing, but I don't think it's the right time."

   Jenna scooted away. "No, please tell me. I don't think I could handle knowing that you're keeping something from me too."

   Trevor sighed and looked down. He really didn't want to do this. Jenna was already in a vulnerable state and he didn't want to force this information on her, but he knew he couldn't say no to her.