||Chapter 12||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Twelve

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"The Last Day... And I Guess Screw the Night and The Sun Does Indeed Rise, Episode Name"

   "Get out!"

   Lorrie could hear Jenna yell from the entrance room. She looked up at Trevor who had dropped his Uno cards. They locked eyes and Trevor vamp-sped them to the entrance room.

   Jenna was holding a crossbow in the direction of Alaric… wait Alaric?

   "Jenna, put the crossbow down, okay? It's me," the man pleaded. He looked to Lorrie and Trevor who had matching glares aimed in his direction.

   Elena, Damon, Stefan, and Elijah ran in. Elijah stopped in front of his mate holding out a protective arm. 

   "What's going on?" Elena demanded.

   "It's me, Elena, I swear, okay? He let me go. Klaus let me go."

   "Prove it," Damon eyed the man suspiciously.

   Alaric looked to Jenna. "Okay, uh, first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to…"

   Jenna lowered the crossbow. "Okay, it's him."

   Trevor growled at the man's words, but Jenna stood next to him and grabbed his hand. Alaric glared at their intertwined hands and made a note to ask about that.

   Stefan took a step forward. "Why'd he let you go?"

   "He wanted me to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight."

   The group walked into the living room and started a discussion, but Lorrie went to the bathroom upstairs. As she was drying her hands, she heard Elena's muffled scream a few rooms down. She rushed into Damon's room and saw Stefan about to throw a punch at him. She rushed over and pushed Stefan, but a burning pain flooded through her side and she cried out. Elijah was there in a second.

   "Elskan! What happened?"

   Lorrie slammed her eyes shut as the object impaled in her side was rustled. "Get it out! Now!"

   Elena shot forward. "You'll bleed out, are you crazy?"

   "Just do it! Somebody."

   Nobody moved a muscle, but Damon trusted the girl's judgement and after a few seconds, he pulled the wood out of her side making her cry out and Elijah snarl at him. Lorrie lurched forward, a cold sweat running down her face.