||Chapter 6||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Six

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"It's Okay, Elena. We All Have Daddy Issues"

   Lorrie walked down the stairs with Alaric and Jenna as they made their way to the kitchen. Jenna rushed into the kitchen, dropping her bag onto the table. 

   "Oh God, I'm late."

   Ric walked in with Lorrie at his side. "That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!"

   Their laughter was cut off once they noticed John Gilbert leaning on the kitchen island. 

   Lorrie groaned. "Who invited this asshole?"

   John looked at her blankly. "Good morning to you too Lorrie, Jenna, Alaric."

   Jenna's hostility was visible. "It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever."

   "Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in."

   Jenna's gaze snapped to Elena. Ric, however, decided it was time for him to take his leave. "You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off."

   Jenna looked between Elena and John. "I'm still confused here."

   "Me too," Lorrie stated, crossing her arms.

   John stepped closer to the hostile females. "I decided to come back and stay for a while."

   Lorrie raised an eyebrow. "Not here you're not."

   "Actually, neither of you can stop me from living here."

   Jenna's stare bore into John venomously. "Actually I can, as legal guardian."

   "Yeah, about that... um, Elena, you want me to explain the situation, or would you like to do the honors?"

   "What the hell does that mean, Elena?" Lorrie glared at Elena. The doppelgägnger shrank into herself.

   "I'm sorry, you guys. I should have told you earlier, but-"

   "I'm Elena's biological father. There, now you know," he stated, then walked away leaving Lorrie and Jenna gaping at the confession.

   Lorrie scoffed. "Unbelievable." Elena flinched. "You have got to be shitting me. More secrets? Really? I really should have learned my lesson before. I can't trust a damn thing you say, or, better yet, don't say. You said you weren't going to keep any more secrets from me."

   Lorrie huffed and stormed away.

   Jenna was still staring at Elena. "What?"

   In Lorrie's room, she was pacing back and forth, practically burning a path in her carpet.