7: Tiny voices

It's that voice again!
I looked at my surroundings in an attempt to find that voice.

"Look! she's searching for something"

"Hooray! she could hear us!"

"Only a few people could hear us, maybe she's just observing her surroundings"

This time I heard not one but 3 tiny voices. But no matter where I look I couldn't see anyone. I decided to just speak out loud, maybe they are hiding somewhere so I couldn't see them.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked with a slightly loud voice causing my voice to echo.

Silence. I was greeted by silence for a few moments and though I was sad the voices didn't answer me, I didn't dwell too much on it. After all, I am never the type to force someone. If they don't want to show themselves to me then it's fine.

Realizing that I had been resting longer than I had planned, I hurriedly stood up and started walking again to find the exit of this forest.

"We should've revealed ourselves! If she could hear us then she could probably see us too"

"Right! Plus it's been a long time since we found a new master maybe she could sign a contract with us"

"Bohoo, I want to talk to her"

I walked calmly as if not hearing their voices because I've accepted the fact that they wouldn't like it for me to see them but I was intrigued when I heard the word 'contract'. I know of this 'contract' they speak of, it was part of the novel.

Originally I had thought the voices belong to some children who were sneaking out from their houses and wanted to explore to the forest but when I heard them say they wanted me to sign a contract with them, I realized that they must be some magical creature.

"Plus she's really pitiful, this part of the forest has an invisible barrier and no ordinary person can enter it and this part is really dangerous"

"Bohoo, so pitiful"

Yes, I'm really pitiful so show yourselves and help meeee.

"I was also wondering about that, normally you have to chant something in order to enter this part but only a few humans know the chant"

"Could she have known it?"

"I don't think so, I was observing her the moment she started running away from that man earlier and I haven't seen her chanting something"

"Could she have possibly entered without her knowing? But that's impossible!"

I was really interested now. What was this barrier? The chant? If what they say is correct then I unknowingly entered a barrier that humans normally couldn't enter?

Oh well. I guess I would have a long day ahead with companions I could not even see.

————————oOo————————
Where am I? Still going around in circles.
What time is it? It's dark so I assume it's already evening.
Am I tired? Hell yeah I am.
I haven't found the exit yet and the tiny voices are still talking without showing themselves.

I sat down on a rock. I was about to give up for today and thought that I should just continue tomorrow. However at that moment, my hands started to glow and brown orbs started to surround it. It was a familiar feeling, a familiar warmth.

"It's my magic but I don't even know how to use it so how could have I possibly be the one who activated it"

Furthermore, when I look at my surroundings I start to see orbs with different colors. There are red and green ones but I can see brown orbs the most and they are concentrated in a certain area forming a path. I don't know where it leads to but I am compelled to follow it.

So, I did.

If this were a horror movie, I might have died already but I'm not afraid of dying. Hey maybe I'll get reincarnated into my original world when I die, right?

"Hey, where is she going?"

"Wait, isn't that?"

I can hear the voices panicking. But why exactly though? As I took another step towards the path, a force (again) suddenly hit me. It was not as painful as when I got the memories of the previous owner, it's actually feels a bit comfortable.

"Human, Stop!"
"Don't go there!"
"Bohooo, it's dangerous there"

I heard those familiar tiny voices again and when I looked towards where it was coming from I saw them.

I saw the creatures who own those voices !!!