20: DRAGONS - Problem

Morning came and a new day has begun. I'm feeling pretty good today and it's probably because I had a good sleep which was probably because of what happened last night *cough* I had some doubts when he said he already removed the spell but fortunately, he was telling the truth

"Weird, I'm usually a light-sleeper but for some reason I didn't wake up even once during the night"
"Us too"
I heard Skiadrum say to no one in particular and the faeries chimed in agreement. Haha only if you all knew why you haven't woken up last night. Only if you all knew.

"Come on, let's go!"
I urged them. We were excited to explore the island and interact with the dragons, Skiadrum seemed excited as well, but what we didn't expect was the change that happened in the dragon race.

——

"What's with this gloomy atmosphere?"
We were walking in the island but I haven't seen one dragon at all. Skiadrum explained before we arrived here that dragons would usually fly or walk around in the island but no matter where I look, I couldn't seem to see any dragons?

I looked at Skiadrum and saw his face was scrunched up. I guess he also found this occurrence weird huh? Even the faeries stopped flying and just sat on my shoulder, they became alert because as we walked towards the deeper part of the forest, the gloomier and colder it became.

"A black dragon? hide, hide!"
Although they spoke as soft as possible, we still heard it. I've been thinking about this but it looks like my ears are sensitive to sound, I can hear even the faintest sound.

"Stop and show yourselves"
Skiadrum commanded. What greeted us were 3 dragons with the color brown. They were trembling and from the way they looked at Skiadrum, they were clearly scared.

"Oh? So they really fear black dragons such as yourself huh?"
I asked Skiadrum. It makes sense after all, If I were these dragons, I also would've been scared seeing a black dragon who is said to be the most powerful.

"This is not how it was supposed to be. The dragons live in harmony with each other so there's no reason they should be scared of me. We had a rule that we don't fight other dragons secretly, if we have grudges that we have to settle, we have to settle it in an official match so it would be fair"
Skiadrum explained.

"That's not true at all!"
One of the brown dragons spoke, although he was trembling in fear, there was also another emotion in his eyes, which was anger.

"You! Strong dragons like you oppress weaker dragons like us. You get our bloods forcefully then mix it together with other bloods to make something, then you drink that to in order level up and change your color! Tell me what your original color was, orange? blue?You are all shameless, you have no conscience at all!"

This time the other brown dragon said, they were no longer trembling from fear but they were trembling because of anger. I may not be familiar with dragons but with what he said, I cam tell there's some abuse of power happening around here.

"Calm down! I just returned here after a lot of years, I have no idea what you are talking about, If you don't believe me then you can ask my companions here that I'm not lying"

"It's true, I can testify. Skiadrum just woke up after a long slumber and we arrived here just yesterday, there's no way he practices what you just said a few moments ago"

I spoke up for Skiadrum. It seems something's going on and I know Skiadrum is not the type to ignore these things, so I have to help him.

"W-wait..S-Skiadrum?! That legendary dragon who disappeared?"
The last dragon of the three spoke up, he was awestruck. This contractual spirit of mine is really popular haaaa.

"Let's continue talking somewhere in private. If the situation is really as dangerous as you described then it's best if we be careful"

"Alright, follow us"

The trio led us to what seems to be their headquarters. When we got there, there were at most 10 dragons, and those dragons upon seeing us, trembled in fear just like how the trio reacted when they saw us.

"Don't be afraid, these are our allies. This black dragon is Skiadrum, the legendary dragon who disappeared a few years back. He's here to help us in our problem."

"Fellow dragons, I am sorry I only came back today. I didn't expect these things to happen, I will help you with the best of my abilities. These are my companions, this is Mira, my master and these faeries are also her contractual spirits. The red fae is Arrosa, the green is Mil and the brown one is Colette. They will also be helping us"

The dragons present were screaming in delight, as if they finally saw hope, their salvation.

"Now, tell us what happened. Everything. From the start"