9: Forming a contract

"That's where you're wrong. Out of all the humans we encountered, you by far, is the strongest"

"What? How?"

"Because you're a human who has an affinity with all of the elements"

No way. Is this the legendary cheat? The cheat wherein you reincarnate and then you can suddenly use all the elements from common to rare to legendary? Oh. This is exciting.

"You mean I can use other elements too not just my earth magic?"

"It depends on the individual. You may have the affinity but it takes a lot of effort and hardwork to totally learn a new element."

"Meaning?"

"Normally, humans would only have one element right?
I nodded.

"But there are humans who are born with the power to use two elements which is already very rare. There are sometimes three, but there have been no record of humans wielding three elements as of the present"

I nodded. Even in the novel, there are no mentions of people ever getting three elements in the generation of the heroine. But the man, who was able to get the blessing of the demons and was said to become the strongest human to ever exist, had three elements. He was already born with two elements to begin with then he was blessed by the demons thus he gained dark magic.

"If a human has one element, he can learn a new one if he would be blessed by one of the races. And then that's it. He could no longer learn the other elements"

Woah. It's like I'm back at school again listening to my teacher.

"But you are different"

The three of them looked at me with scrutinizing gazes. Then they nodded?

"Yep, really different"

"?"

"Although you are born with only one magic. You can learn others too. In our opinion, you are more powerful than a person having two elements. You may have only one now but if you learn to use the other elements, you would probably be the first one to wield more than three elements." Arrosa explained

Mil added, "But before you learn other magics, you need to master first your own and to master the foundations. If you immediately learn other elements without strengthening your own it would cause harm in your body"

"That sounds..bad"

"Bohooo it does sound bad but don't worry, we will help you"

I raised my eyebrows at them as if asking 'how?'

"We can help you so.."

"So?"

"FORM A CONTRACT WITH US!"
The three exclaimed loudly.

"We chose you because you're the only one who can see and hear us."

"...most importantly, you're powerful, we can become strong really quickly hihi"

"Excuse me, what did you say at the last part?"

"We said you're pretty and kind that's why we would like it if you become our master"

These guys. I certainly heard what they said, I was just confirming. Who knew these adorable creatures know how to twist their words to flatter me. But it isn't a bad deal in the first place, I could help them and they could help me.

"You cheeky little- Hahahaha alright, alright, I agree"

"Yeheyyyy. So now you have to eat us to finally form the contract"

"Oh, that's ea- pardon?"

I haven't quite heard it properly.

"You did hear us properly"

"No, I'm not a faerie-eating human!"

"What are you thinking! you're just gonna eat the rose. Well, only the petal. Don't worry it wouldn't hurt us and the petals would grow back."

"Oh..you should've clarified it when you said I should eat you"

"Bohooo sorry about that"

"It's alright Colette, it wasn't your fault"
I rubbed her head using my point finger and she shows me the cutest smile ever.
I think my heart's about to melt.

"Then after you eat it, close your eyes and raise your right hand and say that you promise to help us when we need help"

I nodded. I plucked a petal from the rose and ate it. Closing my eyes, I immediately felt my whole body become warm, it's a comfortable warmth.

"I, Mira Estelle de Lampérière, promise to provide my assistance to the faeries Arrosa, Milessent and Colette if they need me. I swear upon my name to always help them if they're in trouble anytime and anywhere. To the God of the Faeries, Syphellius, may you help establish this contract between a human and a fae."

"We, Arrosa, Milessent and Colette promise to provide assistance to Mira if she needs us. We swear upon our names to always help her if she's in trouble anytime and anywhere. To the God of the Humans, Innaros, may you help establish this contract between a fae and a human.

"Open your eyes"

I opened my eyes and saw the three of them still look the same but upon closer inspection, they're wearing very tiny rings on their fingers.

"These rings symbolizes that we have formed a contract with someone. Look at you shoulder"

I looked at my shoulder and saw kinda like a tattoo of a rose.

"That means you have successfully formed a contract with us"

Well then.

"I hope to become stronger and become the best master ever"

"Hehe. With us by your side, you would achieve that"

"To our cooperation!"

And this is how I formed a contract with three adorable faeries.