17: Going out of the forest

We got out of the cave after the earthquake stopped and of course, I didn't want to leave those treasures so I asked the dragon if we could take it with us saying it could be a great help to us in the future to which he agreed.

I put those in my spatial ring, which I remembered I had. I only remembered it when I looked at those pile of treasures about to be left behind. It was painful to leave it.

I was rich, yes, in my past life. But now I barely had anything !

We were currently walking out of the forest. I decided to get to know both the dragon and the faeries since I realized, we barely had time to properly talk about ourselves except for introductions.

"Hey Skiadrum, if the hero cast a spell to put you to sleep then why is that cave full of gold?"

Mira had always been wondering about this. The hero casted a spell on the black dragon unexpectedly thus, he couldn't have had time to collect all these treasures, right?

"Oh those? this was my dwelling even before I signed a contract with him. I left this to follow him, who knew I'd be able to return here someday"

"Then wh-"
Before I could finish what I was saying, Colette interrupted me.

"Master. Eat this, this is my root. I told you that my roots had healing properties, right? bohooo I didn't want to see you covered in wounds, it looks so painful bohoo. You can eat it immediately so your wounds would heal!"

I smiled. I was touched by her sweet gesture. I ate the root expecting it to be bitter but surprisingly it was sweet.

"Thank you, Colette"
Using my point finger, I patted her head she let out a satisfied sigh.

"You're welcome master!"

As we were walking, I noticed that Arrosa was acting suspicious. It seems like she's wary of her surroundings.

"Arrosa, are you okay?"
"A-ah? Of course master!"
"Is something troubling you?"
"Mhm? Nope! Don't worry master"

I sighed realizing I couldn't squeeze out more information from her. Though I was sad that Arrosa wouldn't tell me what's bothering her, I didn't push the topic further as I didn't want to force the fae in telling me if she didn't want to.

"By the way, faeries I have a question"
"Yes, master?"
"Your race does not bless someone but instead form a contract with them, right?"

"That's correct. Faes are a part of nature, so we vary in skills. Even if we bless someone we don't have a specific skill that we, faes, are excellent in to impart to that person. Thus, our Lord decided that contracts are the best way to teach humans our skills. Different skills for different people depending on what fae they were able to form a contract with."

"I see then do races that bless someone also allowed to be contracted with someone?"

I was genuinely confused. According to my knowledge of the novel, the main races give blessings to their chosen ones however, I did not know that they could form contracts too just like what the black dragon and I did.

"I will answer that master"
"Ah yes? Please do Skiadrum"
"We can bless someone and form contracts. When we bless someone, that person becomes the pride of our race, so it's our pride as a whole. But when we have a contract with someone, in my case master, if you can achieve sometime great then it's not the pride of our whole race but only mine because I'm the only one responsible for you"

"You only bless one person right? How do you choose who to bless?"
"As you know we, dragons, value strength the most so we hold a competition every 5 years and it's available for all humans. There are 2 more years before the dragon race hold a competition"

"I want to join!"
To be able to survive in this world of magic, I have to be strong at using magic!

"Actually, I was planning to ask you a favor if we could go to the dragon's domain because I wanted to check the condition of my race"

I felt elated.

"Let's go, master! I will help you become strong"

"Thank you ve-"

"Hold up" (Arrosa)
"Us too!" (Colette)
"We will help you human!" (Mil)

Ah. This is bad. I'm starting to get used to this happiness, I don't want this to end.

"Right! I'll be in your care"

Mira, at this moment, did not know that she will not only travel to the Dragon's domain but also to the domain governed by the other races.

And this is how her adventure began.