25: DRAGONS - Inheritance

A/N: do any of u know corpse husband? i looove him <33

"Master, why did you want to stay here?"

"Do you remember when we first met at the forest? When I went towards where Skiadrum was located, you stopped me. Did you see anything when I was walking there?"
I'm trying to see if they could see the brown orbs or not because the others couldn't, even Skiadrum.

"No, it was only you. We were afraid something bad might happen to you if you continued so we stopped you"

"So you didn't see something? like orbs, perhaps? You didn't see a path?"

"We didn't see anything. We were actually wondering how you found the exact location of the cave. We know that a dragon was sleeping there on that area but we didn't know the exact location as there's no actual path that leads there"

So they didn't see anything at all. I'm the only one who's able to see this path then? I feel like this is another cheat of a reincarnated person like me. When everything seems to have no answer and you don't know where you should go from here, as long as you don't give up then someone or something would definitely help you. Like what happened then and now with the whole brown orbs situation.

"Well..eh intuition?"
They looked at me as if saying "we don't really believe you but we won't question you" and I heaved a sigh of relief.

I know I should be telling them these things as they're my contractual spirits but I feel like it's not the right time yet. Maybe they know a lot and maybe they have the answers that I'm seeking for and I'll definitely tell them soon but right now, I know for sure that following this path would not lead us to harm.

How do I know? Intuition. maybe

——

Looking ahead, we can see a cave (again) but unlike last time where the brown orbs guided me inside the cave, the orbs stopped just outside the cave. Thus, we have to find our way inside by ourselves.

I went inside first and I immediately felt a force sucking me in. I actually got quite a headache there, my vision got blurry and my legs were wobbly but it's nothing too serious. I just really didn't expect that I would be suctioned inside.

"Let's go further inside now"
I turned to look at the faeries but I'm baffled to see them still outside?

"What are you waiting? Come on"
I urged them. Are they afraid? Come to think of it, they were afraid the last time as well. Are they afraid that I might be finding another dragon inside?

"Don't worry, I'm here with you"
I encouraged them.

"No, the thing is. We can't go in"
I was confused. How come I was able to get inside then? They slowly tried to enter but they're being blocked by something like an invisible wall. They kept trying to get in until I stopped them.

"Stop! you'll hurt yourselves if you keep banging your bodies on that barrier. Just wait for me here, I'll see what I can find inside"

They looked at me, their faces were full of worry. My heart melted. It's nice to have someone genuinely concerned for you. I smiled and told them that I would be fine just to reassure them that everything's gonna be okay.

"I'll be right back"
I smiled at them once more and then started to go deeper into the cave.

As I got further, the surroundings became cold. It got really cold, I started shivering. I just kept on moving my body hoping to generate a considerable amount of heat, enough to make me feel like it's much warmer than it really is.

Come on Mira, think of the summer. Think of the handsome, buff men at the beach who are topless. Those toned muscles. Chiseled abs. And that bulge when-

"Dear oh dear, that certainly worked. I'm feeling hot!"

——

Moving on, I am now having trouble. There are three openings in front of me. One that goes left, one in the right and one in the middle. I'm not sure which path to take.

I knelt on one knee, placed both of my hands on the ground, focused my magical powers on my palms and recited.
"Thélo na epikoinoníso me ti gi"
(I want to communicate with the earth)

"Ah. It said to go on the left side"

It's hard to explain how I knew, but back in my previous life, Frozen II became a hit and I remember Olaf saying "Water has memory. The water that makes up you and me, has passed through at least four humans, and, or animals, before us." But in this context, it's like land also has memory. Who stepped on it, who walked on it and things like that.

Thus, I felt that the left path has already been used before and I can feel that it contains the most magical power.

I went inside the left opening, I walked and walked until I saw an open space. I, of course, went towards it and what greeted me was a large stone tablet.

"Here lies the grave of the crystal dragon, If you've entered this place then you must have dragon blood in you. Because you've managed to get into this place, it proves that you are worthy of my inheritance. To get the inheritance, put a drop of your blood in this stone tablet"

That's what is says. It's quite short, I thought it would be long with all the drama and stuff but thankfully, not?

"Wait a moment"

I've read it atleast 3 times but it still says the same thing.

"What do you mean dragon blood?"