9.Happy Birthday Professor!!

9th January :

It was a chilly and white morning. Severus was in the library, enjoying his black coffee while reading some books. He had totally forgotten about the date ( and even if he remembered obviously he would not have cared).

He took another sip of coffee and turned the page. A sudden breeze which just had entered through the window, mildly swayed the short locks which were dangling in front of his eyes [ just like the movies XD ].

Suddenly a sweet fragrance, different from the smell of books, caught his attention. It seemed familiar to him. He looked up , wondering how it's familiar and saw (Y/N) walking towards the exit. She greeted him good morning as soon as she noticed him and continued on leaving (as she knew she would not get any reply because Severus never answers her when he is busy in some thing)

But.....
Today something different happened. As she was walking away a deep voice from behind said, " Good morning... " it paused for a moment then said again, " ..... and Thank you."

'Wait what?' (Y/N) was taken a back in confusion. She wasn't expecting this.
It made her smile from the inside. She turned to him to say something  but  Severus  was already emerged in what he was reading. So she didn't said anything further and left.

After 30 minutes :

After finishing the book he was reading he decided to go to the great hall to have breakfast. So he got up and left the library.
On his way to the hall he met several staffs. But he noticed that many of them were giggling and whispering to themselves.

'what's going on? Why are they acting so weird?' he asked himself. Even while eating this thought kept on bothering him. So after several minutes of thinking he decided to concentrate on work to ignore it and left the great hall.

As he reached the staff room, he saw the door was closed. It was really strange because the door is always open in the mornings! Pushing that thought away, he flicked his wand and mumbled some spells to unlock the door.

As the door opend and he stepped in, the whole room ranged with cheerfull voices.

"Happy birthday Snape/ Severus/ professor!!!"

'What the!'

Right in front of Severus was a well decorated table which was filled with cake, wine bottles and glasses, flower bouquets (and some gifts). McGonagall and (Y/N) were almost jumping on their toes, Dumbledore was chuckling and other staffs were grinning.

Severus was rooted to his spot. His mouth was slightly open and his expression.... Well just say it was unreadable.

At that point, the only thought which was in his mind was
' why is everything so different this year? '