12. You can call me Severus~

"Whose was the party's idea? Was it yours?"

"Kinda.. " (Y/N) grinned.

"Knew it" Severus mumbled in his breath as he smirked and leaned back  on the couch. 'whose else idea would it be!'

*Flashback*
(8th January, 7pm)

(Y/N) was returning to her chambers after dinner. While walking , she saw Minerva and Dumbledore standing in a distance.
They looked like they were having some kind of absorbing conversation. But she tried to ignore them and continued to walk. But suddenly she stopped in her tracks , as something of what they were saying met her ears.

"I still can't believe! It's Severus' birthday tomorrow!"  (Minerva)

"Yes it's true! And he is turning only 30!!" (Dumbledore)

Her eyes widened . "What! Tomorrow is Snape's birthday!"

"Yes!" Minerva and Dumbledore both exclaimed at the same time.

"Why don't we throw a surprise party?! I mean he was looking very upset these days. This can light up his mood!" (Y/N) said cheerfully.

"Is he gonna like it? I.. I don't—" Minerva was a bit nervous with this idea but before she could finish Dumbledore said quickly, " I think it's a great idea! I am in."
[ He is always the shipper 😂😂😂 ]

Minerva looked at Dumbledore for a second with a doubt but said anyways, "If Dumbledore agrees why wouldn't I!? Count me too! But the question is when and where are we going to throw the  party?"

"Hmm, tomorrow is Saturday , right? I think the staff room would be perfect because we can't use the great hall ... As He doesn't like students very much. And he will surely come in the morning to finish his extra works, we can surprise him then!" Dumbledore explained.

"If we are going to surprise him in the morning then must start now!" (Y/N) said worriedly.

"Yes we will start now. Let's start planning the party. Ok?"

"Alright!"

*Flashback ends*   

"Did you like it?" (Y/N) asked smiling.

And this question started a war of thoughts in Severus' head.

Severus was about to say 'of course I liked it!!' but he immediately snapped at himself. No he can't answer that! It. does. not. suit his character! He should probably say,' look , I don't like gatherings.. so I hated it!' But that's a lie. How is he gonna lie to her? "Why" is he gonna lie to her? Who is stopping him! Whom is he afraid of? No one. Then why is he lying to everyone ?

He was so happy that day! No one has ever done something like this for him before! He had felt as if the little young Severus , who had always day-dreamt about having a big birthday party with his friends , but could never fulfill his dreams because of his (toxic) father and poorness, has awoken again. He wanted to laugh like everyone else, enjoy like everyone else and be happy like everyone else.

Oh! No! How can he do that? I mean .. he is known to a rude , unsmiling dungeon bat. right? He can never do that. He wanted to thank her! Thank her for everything she has done ... But No he can't do that.
.

After having a huge battle of thoughts for [ what seemed like hours , but actually was ] 3 seconds , he just managed to say only one word, "Yes,"

Though it was only one word , but after hearing it (Y/N) was very relieved. She smiled brightly.
And seeing her smile, Severus felt something very odd flying and jumping around in his stomach. He felt his cheeks warming up. Snape was blushing!!!

The scene was worth watching. But Alas! (Y/N) missed it as her sight fell on her watch and she gasped. It was almost 11pm.

"Professor Snape , I think it's getting kinda late. I should probably get going." (Y/N) quickly wiped her hands with her napkin.

"Ah! Yes, yes!" Severus cleared his throat as he checked his watch also.

They both made their way to door. (Y/N) stepped out side and turned to Severus. "Thank you so much for today!" She said. Severus shook his head with a look of 'it-was-nothing'.

"May I escort you to your chambers, Miss (L/N)?"

"Oh no no! It's okay, I can go there by my own. You should probably take some rest. It's really late you know!"

"But the corridors are very dark and you don't have a w–"

"No no, it's okay ! I'll be fine. And.... Thank you once again professor Snape!" (Y/N) said quickly and turned to leave. When suddenly Severus called back again.

"Miss (L/N) . . . . Er . . . . . You can call me Severus."

(Y/N) was frozen in her tracks . She blinked for a second to get what just happened. She turned to Severus again. He was scratching the back of his neck, trying to avoid eye contact. [ How cute !💘] (Y/N) blushed.

"Well then .... Severus, you can call me (Y/N) too."

"Okay . . . . (Y/N)." It was almost a whisper. (Y/N) smiled as she waved and turned.
And slowly she disappeared into the darkness of the corridor.

~~~~~~~~∆O| always |O∆~~~~~~~

A/N: sooooo, what do you guys think about this chapter!? Did you liked it! I hope so....

Speaking of me , Oh my gosh! I couldn't stop grinning while writing this chapter! 😂😂

And thank so much for your support. It really makes me very happy ( ◜‿◝ )♡
love you guys !❤