9 (2)

Listen to the song after reading this chapter..... turn on the captions/cc

●●●●●●●

Dec. 22 - Byulyi's Birthday

We're now on our way to Korean Folk Village - to do our yearly December bonding, playing in the snow - sledding.

It's already 5pm now, showing the magnificient sunset while we are having this long drive from the Moon's house, where we salubong (welcome) Byul's birthday with bbq party and the traditional seaweed soup - to thank her mother by eating the same food she ate during childbirth.

"Can we eat first?" I asked.

"I don't think so...it may close early you know." She answered and I just pout. I want to eat. She glanced at me shaking her head to herself and asked. "Heavy meal or --"

"Just Tteokbokki" I said and smiled at her. I know she's hating it now, we always eat it.

"Okayy. I'll eat fish cake, urr I miss my sugarrr." She said referring to her tanghulus'.

We parked the car, wear our padded jackets, and walked towards the street food stalls we saw earlier. Sadly, the tanghulu vendor closed early today so we just ate fish cakes and Tteokbokki, Byul was about to pay when she opened her Thom Browne wallet she looked at me showing her crinkling nose smile. I glanced at her and looked at her wallet and wow~ your wallet is expensive but you don't have any cash. Keke

I shake my jacket signaling Byul to get my wallet, I'm eating and can't pull out my own wallet, Byul get it and payed the vendor, and we left.

"I'll pay for our entrance, unnie." She said still chuckling at her own mistake.

"Please bring a cash with you, you might need it anytime." I try to remind her.

"Unnie, is always there so why bother?" She said back mocking at me.

"Yah! I'm not joking." and glared at her.

"I know...I also don't know why I don't have cash!" She said laughing it off. This hamster

Playing in the snow is our yearly tradition, it started when we're trainees, and look at us now both turning 30 in a few months.

Afterwards we parked in Han River looking how calm the river is - giving us the comfort that we always need. Byul wanted to play this game that I did on my YouTube channel, the "Balance Game".

Y: Iced Americano | Hot Americano

B: Fart | Burp

Y: Curry flavored poop | Poop flavored curry

B: Nagging Moonbyul | Silent Moonbyul

Y: Solar | Yongsun

B: Receive a billion dollars and live without my phone | Receive a hundred dollars and keep my phone

Y: Ability to go back to the past | Ability to look for the future

We started from basics to silly ones, and eventually it became serious. Isanghae...

B: Live overseas | Stay in Korea

"Stay in Korea" I answered. I never want to leave my family behind, I know Byul will also chose that.

"What if I wanted to live in an open country? Where I can hold your hand, where we can date publicly, the place where no one cares who or what we are." Byul suddenly said.

Shortcomings - A Moonsun Short StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara