Chapter 7: Indifferent

Y/n POV

"Why didn't you tell me?" I cried out, tears streaming down my face.

In front of me were my parents. They were looking at me in shock and concern. I notice though, that in their eyes, was undisguised guilt. They know exactly what I'm talking about.

"Why don't you come inside?" My mom suggested softly and opened the front door wider, "It's pouring outside."

The sound of the rain falling onto the pavement was very loud. The rain didn't bug me. I mean I'm a water mage. I can easily create a barrier around myself to not get rained on.

I hesitated and shook my head, "I rather we talk right here."

My parents nodded in understanding before stepping onto the porch, closing the front door behind them.

We settled on the couch next to the front door. The sound of the wind was noticeable but not loud. A tense silence took place as I stared my parents down.

My dad cleared his throat, "This is something we've been meaning to tell you for some time now."

"Then why didn't you?" I immediately questioned, my voice slightly breaking.

"We didn't know how to approach it," He replied, "We love you. You know we do."

I scoffed and crossed my arms, "Do you?"

Both of them frowned.

"Of course," They replied in unison.

"Why would you think otherwise?" My mom questioned.

I sighed, "Ever since I found Marshmallow that day, you guys started working more and basically left me alone most of the time."

"We worked more so we can give you any present you want," My dad explained.

"The only present I ever wanted was to spend time with you guys! You know, family time," I yelled, "I appreciate the things you got for me, I really do! But... what's the point of you giving me these things if you're not going to be there to see me enjoy them?"

More tears streamed down my face, "I just wanted spend time with my family...and then I find out that you've been lying to me this whole time about who I am?"

"Sweetie, we're so sorry," My mom had the hint of tears in her eyes as she took my hands in hers, "We will do anything we can to make it up to you."

My dad spoke up, "This is all my fault. Your mother actually told me that we need to tell you everything before you went to highschool. But I didn't want to."

"Why not?" I sniffled as my mom side hugged me.

He sighed, "I was worried that once you found out who your real father was then you'd leave us behind. So then I told her to keep it a secret. She didn't agree but I begged her not to say anything."

"That was what you're worried about?" I wiped away my tears with my sleeve, "No one can ever replace you two. You taught me everything I know- I mean when you were home."

They both let out a chuckle.

"Of course, I'm going to need to talk to Mr. TOP about everything," I muttered.

My mom looked hopeful, "Do you forgive us?"

"Your intentions were good although a little misguided," I hummed, "Just don't lie to me like this again and you're forgiven."

"You got it!" My dad immediately agreed.

My mom nodded her head, "Yeah! From now on- no more lies!"