01

hey ! as you all know by my note, this is the first book i'm writing and that too at 3 am. i really don't know how its gonna turn out or how long it'll be, but i'm trying my best for this. please excuse me if there are any grammatical errors. this is my first part, so just bare with me. love you guys xx ( if you'll even exist ).

y/n - your name ( most of you probably know that but still )
y/n/n - your nickname
y/f/n - your full name

plus this font is your thoughts.
and this font is my thoughts, lol.

anymore abbreviation meaning will be told along with the story. thanks :)

Y/N's POV

Hey, I'm y/n. Full name y/f/n. I'm 14 years old and I stay in New York ( yeah, for this story you do ). I'm an aspiring actress. I give auditions every now and then. I have even appeared in a few commercials. And one billboard as I remember. Anyways, today I'm having another audition for a role in a web series. They haven't revealed the name of the series as they wanna keep the information confidential until they get their actress. Now I'm going to the given address to give the audition with my best friend, Leah. I hope I get this role.

I woke up to my alarm at 10 am realising it was the day for my audition. I immediately sprang from my bed and went downstairs.

"Honey, good you're up. I was gonna come up to wake you." My mom said as she was cooking.

"Yeah, I am. It's my special day." I said fixing my hair.

"Okay, now go and get ready while I prepare your breakfast. I don't want you to be late for this." My mom said.

"Yeah, mom, I don't wanna be late either." I said as I ran up to my room.

I had a quick bath. I wore a blue crop top as it's one colour that suits me with with ice blue jeans. I tied my hair up in a ponytail as I wanted to look impressive. I wore a pendant that says my name 'y/n' and put some mascara and lip gloss on my face for touch up. I grabbed my phone and sling bag and rushed down the stairs.

"Here is your food." My mom said as she placed a bowl of pasta, my favourite in front of me.

"Aww, thanks mom for this." I said as I ate the pasta.

"Aww. By the way, how are you heading to the audition ? Should I accompany you ?" My mom asked.

"Thanks mom, but Leah's accompanying me." I said.

"Okay, fine. Now listen to me carefully. I know you're gonna do great at it but still listen. Don't freak out and learn your lines properly, you should not get nervous, you're a great actor. Act it out with your emotions and most importantly be yourself." My mom said smiling.

"Even though you say this everytime I'm about to give an audition, all points noted." I said as I got up from the table. "I'll leave now. Bye, I love you." I said heading towards the door.

"I love you, too. Break a leg dear." My mom said as I walked out.

I walked up to Leah's house and she joined me.

"So, are you nervous ?" Leah questioned giggling.

"Yeah, kinda. But I'm more excited. If I have the luck to get the role, I'll be really excited to know what series it is." I said.

"Yeah, just let's make random guesses till we walk to the address. What say ?" Leah said.

"Okay. So you start." I said.

"Umm...let's go with our favourite Stranger Things." Leah said as she laughed.

"There's no way it's Stranger Things. And I'm not so lucky that it'll be." I said giggling.

"But just imagine, if it's Stranger Things 4, and you get the role, you'll get to meet Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard my crush and Noah Schnapp your crush." Leah said smiling and staring at me.

"Hey, just chill, okay. I haven't even given the audition yet and we don't know if it's Stranger Things. So wake up from your dream." I said seriously.

"Fine. But if you get the role and it's Stranger Things, you have to introduce me to Finn." Leah said poking me.

"Relax..., Lee." I said as we walked ahead and made more stupid guesses. We said Riverdale S5, Never Have I Ever S2 and many more.

Finally, we reached our destination. We entered the hall and saw many girls standing in a queue. I went up to the main desk.

"Hey. My name is y/f/n' I called to audition for a character named Betty Brown in some web series." I told the person at the desk.

"Yeah, I have your name." The person handling me a script.

I took the script.

"Learn these dialogues. You may go to room 2 and wait for your turn. Your friend will have to wait here." The person said.

"Okay, thanks." I smiled.

After learning my dialogues, I asked Leah to sit in the lobby as I went inside.

"All the best, y/n/n." Leah said and I went to room 2.

I was a bit nervous at first. But then I remembered my mom's words and they made me smile and and made me confident.

–––––

I gave the audition and was still standing there. The person taking the audition told me that I will be called by Monday if I got the part. He was smiling a little which raised my hopes and I thought maybe I impressed them. Then I went to the lobby. Leah was sitting there scrolling through her Instagram.

She looked at me and said, "Hey. How'd it go ?"

"It was pretty good. I think it was my best one yet." I said as we walked out of that place.

"Oooh, I'm so happy for you, y/n/n and I'm sure you'll get the part." Leah said smiling.

"Let's see." I said hugging her.

"Aww. And don't you dare forget me after getting famous." Leah said jokingly.

"I swear I'll not." I said assuring her.

Then we headed to our houses. It was a nice day and I had this positive feeling that I had finally done something great. I don't know why, but this small light was there in me. I told my family about the audition and had dinner. I then went up to room and started writing my diary.

"Dear diary,
Today, I finally gave the audition for Betty Brown. They said they'd call me by Monday if I've got the role. Even though I don't know which series the role was for, yes, they have kept it confidential till they select someone, I kinda have a feeling they liked my act. I feel so good right now, even though I haven't got the part. Ending this, I just can't wait for Monday. I'm so excited. Toodles."

I kept my diary on my night table and fell asleep.

//

done, i'm so sorry i've not brought noah in. but he'll be here soon, i pRoMiSe. and i think i'm gonna update the next chapter again in a few hours, cause i love writing this so much. ttfn !
tpwk 💕

- love, ishie 💖

woah, 1238 words, not bad :)