Chapter 1: Ignorance Is Alright

"What an issue! What a world! I feel that this strange place the people live in is so nice. However, problems happen to spring up unexpectedly.
"For example, the unhappiness of the farmer couple that lives just a mile away is caused by a real doozy of a problem. The two don't seem to be able to grow anything!"
This wrote Harry Tack, before he dropped dead- dead in the sense of having no interest in writing newspaper columns anymore. He simply walked out of the office, and went home.
While driving through the small towns to his wooded cabin (which he was very proud of, declaring it "the second best use of lumber!" The first, of course, was turning it into paper, especially the flimsy newspaper type.) Harry noticed a small woman walk out of a flower shop.
This flower shop was particular- it was painted all black, the widows were dirty, and the flowers were wilting. Somehow, people still went there to buy flowers. Some supposed that the flowers smelled nice. In truth, however, about the florist's success, was that the people were too lazy to go anywhere else.
In this instant, the few seconds Harry had spent looking at the woman and the flower shop, a blackbird had flown above his car. Harry didn't notice.

Arriving home, Harry was hailed with cries of joy from his daughter.
"Father!" She cried.
Harry didn't feel like talking to her. He walked by. All through this escapade, Harry had kept a straight face. Harry didn't care at all.
His daughter felt that she should talk to him. She did not. She figured that he would get mad again. Perhaps if she didn't speak to him, he would boil over this time.
Her plan worked, and she spoke to her father later. (This conversation isn't important to anyone other than the father and daughter.) What was important (and, is still important,) is that Harry spoke to his daughter, because, as he got up again, and went to go into the kitchen, he heard her hum a strange song, in glee.
Harry had heard this song before. This song was oddly ringing in the inner ears of the old man. It had done so many years ago, as well.
Harry was confused, but as the night progressed, he forgot about it.
"Oh, yea, I forgot." Harry said. "I quit my job. Eloise, you need to make money for the family."
In the other room, a career-less, extremely unprepared young woman dropped a plate, and it shattered.