The Final Chapter

"Thanks for not taking them away from me forever," Violet walked solemnly down from the stand, and back to her seat. No one spoke a word as the young girl had made such a powerful speech with a big impact on everyone.

She sat next to her parents and her brother. Sunny was on Klaus's lap. She crawled off her brother and sat on her sister, snuggling up against her to comfort her.

"You okay?" Klaus asked his sister quietly. She only nodded as she was to emotionally drained from the day. The judge began to speak.

"After hearing the testimonies from both sides, as well as the evidence brought to me by both lawyers, I hereby sentence Count Olaf to life in prison! This is on the account of child abuse, kidnapping, arson, and theft. He will be moved to the state prison immediately. Take him away," the judge waved a hand towards Olaf. The officers next to him lifted him up by his arms and dragged him out of the courtroom.

The six children all watched as he yelled at the officers to release him. Once he was taken out of the room the children all let out a breath they hadn't noticed they had been holding in.

"It's over, our nightmare is over," Isadora said in shock. She was sat with her family in the row behind the Baudelaires. Klaus and Violet turned around to face them.

"What do we do now?" Quigley asked his closest friends.

"We live out our final years before adulthood as normal children," Duncan replied, seeming deep in thought.

"We were never normal children, even before count Olaf. I think we should be ourselves, special talents and all," Klaus suggested.

"I agree, we aren't normal so let's not pretend to be," Violet said firmly.

"Children it's time to go," Mrs. Baudelaire said to her three kids. They turned around to face her.

"Ok mom, one second," Violet faced the Quagmires again. "See you guys tomorrow at Briny Beach?" Violet asked her friends.

"Wouldn't miss it," Duncan smiled at Violet as her and her siblings got up and left. Soon the Quagmires also left leaving the court house empty and quiet.

As Violet walked outside with her family and her close friends not far behind, she couldn't help but think, even though her life had been rough and beyond strange and unfortunate, she had some great memories too. She had learned so many life skills she thought she'd never need to know, she had grown closer to her her siblings, and met the love of her life as well as her two closest friends. Everything had happened for the better.

Maybe her life wasn't just a Series of Unfortunate Events.

*************

A/N:

The end!!! This book is finally finished after a year or so of writing it. I know I never updated consistently and some chapters rly sucked but in the end, I rly enjoyed writing this story and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I hope u guys are too.

Thank u for all the support, comments, and votes! Without u guys I probably would've never finished this story, let alone have 55 chapters of it.

All good things must come to an end tho so I bid all of you farewell until my next story (if I have one). If u want to read some of my other works it would be greatly appreciated.

Love you all,

Byyyyyeyeyeyeyeyeye