The Girl I'm In Love With

Lauren leaned her head against her locker as she stared off to the distance. Her piercing green eyes followed a particular petite brunette talking animatedly to a bunch of her friends. She sighed as she watched the girl's plump lips move, wishing that one day she could call that hers.

BOOM!

The green-eyed girl jumped when she heard the locker behind her slam shut. She rolled her eyes knowing who had caused all the ruckus.

"You're drooling again." Normani sang. The dark skinned girl walked around her best friend and blocked the pale girl's view of her crush. She stood in front of Lauren with arms across her chest and a smirk plastered on her face.

"Mani, you're blocking my view." Lauren huffed while trying to push the girl out of her way. But nevertheless, Normani stood firmly, holding her ground. The pale girl gave up and tip toed to look past her best friend's shoulder.

"Is she stalking again?" Lauren heard from over her shoulder. She turned her head to find a tall girl walking towards them. Dinah strutted with her book bag slung by her side as she made her way towards the two girls. She shot Lauren a mischievous look.

"Lo, lo, tsk. You know what we say, staring from afar won't get you very far." The Polynesian joked making the green-eyed girl cringe.

Normani laughed along with Dinah while Lauren pushed past her two friends and continued to gawk at the brunette. The brunette's back was towards them letting Lauren appreciate the girl's brown wavy locks and figure. She bit her lip as she thought more about the girl. Suddenly, the brunette turned around and waved goodbye to her group of friends. Her brown orbs meeting Lauren's for a brief second when she headed to the older girl's direction. Lauren quickly looked away as she took out her textbook and pretended to read the contents of the book. Her green eyes peeking right above the book to watch the brunette walk past her.

"Hey Mila!" Normani and Dinah greeted in unison while Lauren stood with her head bowed down pretending to read and not notice the girl. The brunette smiled at the two as her eyes gazed over the dark haired beauty. She waved at the pair then continued walking down the hall.

There she goes again
The girl I'm in love with
It's cool we're just friends
We walk the halls at school
We know it's casual
It's cool we're just...

When the brunette was out of sight, Lauren banged the back of her head against the locker and shut her eyes. She grumbled something to herself as her best friends giggled in the background.

"Just talk to her, Lo. Mila is nice." Dinah encouraged. The Polynesian softly nudged the pale girl on her shoulder causing the girl to glare at her. She stepped back and raised her hands up. "Hey, I'm just saying. If you want her to be yours, you got to start somewhere."

"I agree with Dinah. Camila is nice." Normani hummed. She linked arms with the Polynesian and started to head off to class. A sly smile formed on her face. "She'll let you down easy."

Lauren growled at the girl. She took a small step towards them and the two girls glanced at each other. Before they knew it Lauren was charging at them causing the pair to whipped their asses around to escape their best friend's incoming terror. They ran through the hallway in lightening speed with Lauren on their tail.

The green-eyed girl zoomed in and out of the hallways trying to catch the duo. That's until she collided with another student. With the pace she was going she had knocked the other student on her butt and had scattered the girl's belongings all over the hallway.

"I am so so so sorry." Lauren apologized as she tried to gather as much of the girl's stuff she could. She looked up in search of the two girls that put her in this situation and found them at the end of the hall making kissy faces. She wrinkled her forehead, confused on why they were doing that.

"It's fine. Guess you were in a hurry for class, huh?" A sweet calm voice rang through Lauren's ear. Her eyes averted from her friends to the girl in front of her and found twinkling brown eyes staring back. Camila smiled. Lauren went for a book near Camila's foot that was coincidentally what the brunette grabbed on to too. She nearly fainted when the girl's hands touched hers as they picked up a book but she disguised it with smile.

"Sorry about that Ca- I mean. Sorry." Lauren stopped herself from blurting out the girl's name. Camila arched an eyebrow but let it slip. The brunette stood up from her crouching position and dusted off her pants. Her eyes flickered back to Lauren.

"Camila." The brunette flashed Lauren toothy grin. She held her hand out for the other girl to take.

"Lauren." The green-eyed girl took Camila's hand and shook it as she stood straight up. Electricity sparked making both girl's to lock eyes. They stared into each other's eyes for a minute until the final bell snapped them out of their trance. The brunette shook her head and lifted her wrist to check the time. Her eyes widen and hurriedly took her belongings from Lauren.

"I'm late." Camila uttered frantically. She clutched her books near her chest and started to walk backwards away from the dark haired girl. She gave Lauren an apologetic look. "Nice bumping into you..."

"Lauren."

"Right. Lauren. I won't forget." And with that Camila rushed off to class leaving the green eyed girl in a daze. Lauren was floating in cloud nine. Camila noticed her. After three years. She noticed her.

I don't wanna lead you on
No
The truth is I've grown fond
Yeah

"Camila talked to me." Lauren squealed through her phone. She was on the phone with Normani and Dinah to tell them about her little encounter with the brunette. The two girls shrieked with excitement on the other line causing Lauren to pull her phone back from her ear to prevent loss of hearing. "Alright guys, calm the fuck down. It seems like you guys are more excited than me."
She teased.

"Well sorry, Lo. But you guys are so meant to be." Normani remarked.

"You think so?" Lauren rolled around her sheets from her stomach to her back. She stared at the ceiling as she chatted with her best friends.

"Totally. I heard from Hailee that Camila never dated anyone because she was already in love with someone since freshman year! That could be you!" Dinah cheered.

"Yeah, Lo. You guys are basically made for each other. She likes poetry, you draw. You guys are both into abstract art. She likes books, you like books. She likes green eyes, you have green eyes.
She's Cuban Mexican, you're... well Cuban. She's-" Normani ranted mindlessly.

"Wait Mani. Back up. What'd you say before me being Cuban?" Lauren shot up from her bed as she heard Normani's list.

"What part? The part where I said she likes books and you like books?" Normani asked.

"No after that." Lauren groaned. Slapping her hand on her forehead.

"Oh that she's Cuban Mexican. And you're just Cuban." Normani replied.

"Yeah, Lauser. What is up with that? You need to step your game up." Dinah chirped.

"NO! Guys. BEFORE THAT!" Lauren screamed in frustration. She slid her hand from her forehead to pinch the bridge of her nose.

"I think she meant the green eyes thing, Mani." The Tongan said knowingly to the other girl.

"OH! Yeah. Camila likes green eyes." Normani revealed.

"Who told you?" The green-eyed girl queried.

"Hailee." Both girls chorused through the small device.

Everyone knows it's meant to be
Falling in love, just you and me
'Til the end of time
'Til I'm on her mind
It'll happen
I've been making lots of plans
Like a picket fence and a rose garden
I'll just keep on dreaming
But it's cool cause we're just friends

It had been two weeks since the green-eyed girl's accident with the brunette. She noticed that Camila had been close and friendly to her ever since. Camila would always give small waves and smiles every time they walk pass each other in the hallway. But Lauren didn't think much into it.
It was a typical school night and Lauren was scrolling through her twitter feed when her phone buzzed. It was a notification from messenger on facebook. She furrowed her eyebrows at the unusual alert. She doesn't normally go to that site let alone have someone use messenger to talk to her. She unlocked her phone and opened up the message on the app.

Karla (Camila) Cabello: Hey.

Her green eyes widen as she screamed to the top of her lungs and threw her phone across the room. She heard shuffling and clatters outside her room and figured her whole family must have heard it. As on cue, her whole family busted through her door all holding sometime of weapon on their hand.

"What?!" Lauren's dad exclaimed in panic clutching a skillet in his right hand. He examined her room for potential threats but found no one. He lowered the skillet and signaled the rest of the family to do so. Chris and Taylor, Lauren's siblings, huffed and walked away from her room.

Lauren's mother shook her head and mumbled something in Spanish as she followed her two younger kids. Lauren's dad, on the other hand, made his way towards his oldest child. "Mija, what the hell dude?"

The green-eyed girl chuckled at her dad's reply. "Nothing. Just, this girl I like kind off messaged me." She whispered, turning her face away from her father to hide her growing blush.

"Oh." Her dad noted. He looked around the room and found the small device on the floor. He walked over to the device, picked it up and threw it on the bed in front of Lauren. The girl looked up to find her dad quirking an eyebrow as he smiled smugly. "In that case, text her back idiot."

Lauren's father left the room and shut the door leaving the girl alone with her thoughts. She stared at the message, trying to figure out what to reply.

Lauren Jauregui: Hi.

The green-eyed girl didn't know what else to say but she was satisfied with her response. A small bing echoed and her eyes immediately focused on the phone.

Karla (Camila) Cabello: Lauren, right?

Lauren couldn't help but chuckle because it was evident her name was displayed on messenger
so the fact that Camila had asked that was her way to playfully ease the awkward atmosphere.

Lauren Jauregui: Right. And this is Camila?

She teased back. Her assumptions were proven correct when Camila's next reply came through.

Karla (Camila) Cabello: Right ;)

Karla (Camila) Cabello: See I told you I wouldn't forget.
Lauren didn't think her smile could get bigger. She stared at the response and took a pillow from behind her head. She stuffed her face on the feathery cushion and squealed like a little girl.

Camila is talking to her.

Small talk on IM
Just one word sentences
It's cool we're just friends
And if I had my way
We would talk and talk all day
Yeah

Camila and Lauren had moved on from one-word conversations to all night phone calls. They got to know more about each other and had grown closer. All their friends supported the budding friendship and the obvious spark of attraction between the two girls. It didn't take long for Lauren to admit her feelings for Camila and for Camila to reveal the same to Lauren. It had seem that Lauren was the crush that Camila couldn't let go from freshman year. After a month of talking and hanging out and another month to build up courage for Lauren to admit her feelings for the girl, she finally decided to ask the girl out on a date and to be official with the brunette.

Camila walked through the hallways of the school. It was her lunch period so she made her way to her locker. On the way, she bumped into another student who came out of nowhere and had knocked her on her butt. She winced at the pain that shot through her body when her butt collided with the ground.

"Here let me help you." A hand stretched out for Camila's assistance and the brunette did not think more deeply into it as she took the hand. She patted her butt to get rid of the dirt and looked up to meet the stranger. It felt like de ja vu but this time it wasn't who she would have guessed to be. She was met with brown orbs staring back at her rather than the green eyes she had grown fond of. She crinkled her nose and arched an eyebrow.

"Dinah?" She grumbled. Camila had also gotten closer to Lauren's friends as have Lauren grown closer to her friends. "What was that for? Where the hell did you even come from?" she asked as she picked up her belongings from the ground. She was too occupied with gathering her stuff that she failed to notice the Tongan pull out a mic and a piece of paper from behind.

The Tongan cleared her throat causing the brunette to look up.

"I've known you for a while but we haven't really talked.
My friends would tease me saying that you were the one I have always stalked.
But could you blame me, you're so beautiful in and out.
Ranging from your words, smile, and adorable little pout.
And when I bumped into in this atrocious hallway.
You didn't just take my heart but also my breath away." Dinah recited.