prologue

I walk towards the drab-looking halls of my new school and quicken my pace, attempting to escape the harsh Washington winter and propel myself into the artificial warmth of St. Aquinas College Preparatory. I pull my navy pleated uniform skirt up so I didn't feel like such a nun, and maybe get a sense of what I would have worn to school in California on a day like this. My imagination slithers its way in, consuming the rest of my thoughts. I can imagine going to the beach with Mags and Oakley and soaking in the sun. I feel the warmth of the sun devouring my oddly creamy white skin, and shaking the sand out of my cropped auburn-brown hair.

I am soon snapped out of my pleasant nostalgic thoughts when a seemingly young boy rams into me. I am quick to catch myself against his solid bicep and I manage to not fall over (maybe for the first time in my life). I gather my thoughts that have been scattered throughout my brain and take a second to drink in the mysterious boy- excuse me, man- and evaluate his features.

I know he is strong based of off his brick wall of a body, but I notice a curtain of messy curls, the length resembling mine. Next I notice his captivating and bold emerald eyes, my own moving down to observe his sweet pink pouty lips. My eyes make it down to his broad shoulders and I quickly see that he is not wearing the St. Aquinas boys uniform. Transfer, maybe? The visually striking man clears his throat, and I realize I had been staring.

"Excuse me, are you alright, love?" His husky British voice rings. British? Oh goodness.

"Oh y-yes. I'm fine thank you for asking-?" I trail on my sentence awaiting to hear his name.

"Harry Styles. Well, Mr. Styles to you, I assume." He says as his striking eyes scan my petite frame. His delicious lips curve into a smirk. A teacher? There is no possible way. He's just so... young? Hot? I find myself unsure.

"Oh, very cool." I want to slap myself. "I'm Luna. Luna Caldwell." My name sounds ugly coming from my lips. I wonder what it sounds like coming from his...

"Well, it was an extraordinary pleasure to meet you Luna. I will be seeing you around." He promises, my name sounding magnificent coming from his plump lips. My heart rate seems to get to an unhealthy high as he winks and turns away from me, walking in the opposite direction.

I run a hand through my cropped hair and straighten out my white button up concealed underneath a cozy green sweater. Oh goodness.

Harry.

She was intoxicating. Luna. Her hypnotizing name repeated throughout my mind, along with the memory of her cropped hair, long legs, and dangerously off dress-code skirt. But the thing I will never get over about her is her enchanting large gray eyes and plump pink lips that I could just imagine...

The things I wanted to do to her were unspeakable, unholy acts and I would be willing to go to hell and back to experience them with her. Her aura spoke innocence, but something behind her eyes spoke otherwise.

I need her. My Luna.