Rethink

Having the Outcasts around without Clark felt wrong in a way. It felt as though there was something missing.

It was clear the Outcasts themselves weren't accustomed to it either in the way that Ophelia would crack a joke and look round to where Clark would have likely stood only to remember and laugh it off awkwardly; in the way Geo would see something - more often then not, a puppy on the street - and turn to tug on Clark's sleeve and show him, only to be met with no one; in the way Jethro kept his hands tucked in his pockets or crossed over his chest, one always resting over his phone, for fear that he may reach out and have his hand fall on empty space.

Jethro refused to say more about what was going on with Clark than telling them not to try and convince him and that he's not angry. Eventually, the others let it go.

Regardless of the clear hole in the group, George felt safer with them around. They pitched themselves a possible ten minute walk from George's and George wondered distantly whether Clark had still helped with the cost.

"Alright, we've been up here a few days and we still don't have any plan for what to do if he shows up other than to just beat his ass." Ophelia stated from draped over George's couch.

"I'm down to keep it maim on sight but that may make it tricky if they're taking him to court. There's no more free trial in juvy for us, it's straight to big boy prison if we get done for assault." She continued and George was only mildly afraid of the casual tone in which she still spoke.

"You know we'll only be taken in if it's deemed category one or two, right? And that'll only be six months, there's no way he could claim it as racially aggravated. We'll likely get a slap on the wrist, maybe a fine, and be off." Geo countered. Ophelia sat up and raised an eyebrow in a silent 'think about who we're dealing with here'. "...oh yeah."

"If we batter ourselves up some we could try and pull self defence?" Jethro offered. "Just keep away from any people and cameras and he'll have no evidence he didn't make the first move." Geo nodded, looking to Ophelia once more.

"The guy is a fully grown, rich, famous and heterosexual white male." Ophelia stated and Jethro quirked his head slightly, not understanding how that disproved his preposition.

"Who do you think people are going to believe more? A well established, seemingly previously innocent, adult white man or a group of sketchy looking teenagers from south England?" She asked and Jethro huffed, knowing she had a point.

"Guys, no ones- no ones going to be assaulting anyone, what the fuck?" George finally managed to get out around an almost impressed kind of shock.

"You're just here to make sure Damien doesn't catch me alone. If he actually comes, you stay with me and maybe start recording, it could give us some evidence. He's less likely to do something if there's more of us and if he does then you can catch it on camera." George reasoned.

"So we're just supposed to pop up when you call, whip out our phones and record it as you two battle it out? Not as fun but I guess it'll work." Ophelia shrugged and George sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No ones going to be.. battling it out." He sighed and Ophelia flopped back onto the couch with a huffed 'boring'.

////:\\\\
10/06/21

Clay <3
Hi :)
1:01pm