Finally

"What are you? Six?" George huffed, standing on his toes and holding tight to Clay's shoulder with one hand to keep himself stable.

"Seven actually." Clay replied smugly, continuing to hold the spatula he'd stolen up and above his own head. He let his other hand rest idly on George's hip as George attempted to reach for the tool.

"You're so annoying." George sighed but it was punctuated by a begrudgingly fond smile that assured Clay that he really wasn't angry in the slightest. He attempted to jump, fingers grazing their target, but Clay simply moved it further away with a smirk. Clay's parents watched with shared amusement flickering behind their eyes.

"What was that?" Clay asked mockingly, leaning forward minutely, quirking a brow and pinching George's hip lightly in jest. George took this as his chance, letting his smile stretch with over-confidence.

"I said," he yanked Clay down by the front of his shirt, lips brushing the shell of his ear and "you're so annoying." he repeated in a breathy whisper. Clay stayed frozen still, face a lush pink, as George pulled back and plucked the spatula from his fingers with a sunny smile. George then turned back to the kitchen counter with an innocent hum, resuming the last few tasks before dinner was ready.

"Wow, I think this is the longest Clay has ever actually shut up." Clay's sister quipped with a laugh, receiving a disapproving look from their mother.

"Don't be rude." She chastised, stepping from George's side to begin laying dinner out on the table. "Go sit down, it'll all be out in a moment. Take the plates and cutlery with you."

And it really was only a short moment before they were all gathered calm and happily at the dinning room table, profusely thanking Clay's mother and George as they served themselves.

It felt rather warmly comfortable and George wondered why he'd ever been nervous in the first place. It felt... right. As if it simply made sense for George to be there - an extension of Clay's self as Clay had been for George around George's parents. Because George fit, slotting neatly in beside Clay as if he belonged there.

In some silly, overly sappy way, he almost did.

Though he'd never hear the end of it if he admitted as much, so instead he smiled with the quiet knowledge and settled easily into conversation.

////:\\\\

@quackquack
I DONT KNOW NOBODY I DONT KNOW NOBODY I DONT KNOW NOBODY I DONT KNOW NOBODY I DONT KNOW NOBODY
————————————————
retweets likes
|
|
@GoodUsername
Quack w h a t???? what have you done now????? should we be concerned????????? should I call someone??????????????????
|
|
@dreamswife
Quack please tell me you aren't wanted again (also hello this isn't the old dreamswife, I just realised no one has copped the name yet so I stole it 😎 promise I'm cool and don't hate George)
|
|
@chiccennuggies
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA WE DONT KNOW NOBODY WE DONT KNOW NOBODY WE DONT KNOW NOBODY OH GOD
|
|
@chiccentendies
SON?! WHAT DID YOU DO?????????? YOU
KNOW QUACK IS A BAD INFLUENCE
————————————————
retweets likes

////:\\\\

"They like- they stood and stared at me for a solid minute. We were just," Clay interrupted himself with a breathless giggle "we were just standing frozen, waiting for the other to do something. There was no screaming, no calling my name or asking if I was actually Dream, just staring."