Open

"Hey."

Clark was blind and deaf to the world around him as of right now, too loud thoughts taking tight hold of his senses. Jethro registered this rather quickly, entering the room fully and clicking the door closed behind him.

He approached the boy that was now curled ever small on the large bed with a slow sense of surety, careful not to startle him. "Ash?" He called gently, perching himself on the bed beside Clark. He waited ever patiently until Clark turned to him and reached out thin arms shakily.

Jethro wasted no time in gathering Clark up into his lap, settling them both comfortably against the headboard. "Take your time, Little Bee. Whenever you're ready." Clark nodded something small, burrowing and shuffling until he was settled sideways in Jethro's lap, forehead rested in the crook of Jethro's neck.

Jethro pulled a small, worn and thin slip of folded paper from his pocket and rested it in Clark's lap before looping his arms around the other's waist. Clark stared at it, breath baited, for much too long before tentatively tracing his fingers down the torn edge with a heart-wrenching care.

The paper was yellowed and almost grainy to the touch. Had he not known what is was, he may have made some quiet joke about a tea-stained treasure map he and Jethro had once made a thousand years ago. It was vaguely warm from where Geo had evidently kept it close and Clark felt a flare of fondness at the clear care his friends had taken - from the way that not a single one had peeked more than the hello and goodbye to the way Jethro had handled it as though it were the second most precious thing in the world.

He traced deft fingers down the crease, over the raw edge and around the two clean cut sides, over crinkle and crease, slowly. The soft thump of Jethro's pulse set the base for Clark to build his confidence.

Eyes already cloudy, Clark unfolded the note.

////:\\\\

Snapmap
GEORGE
6:34pm
GEORGE
6:34pm
GEORGE
6:34pm
GEORGE
6:34pm

Georg
WHAT
6:35pm

Snapmap
are you free?
6:35pm

Georg
you want to come over?
6:36pm

Snapmap
ye
6:36pm

Georg
then no.
6:36pm

Snapmap
Bitch.
6:37pm
I have something for you and Clay to try
6:37pm

Georg
you have your own boyfriend, make him try it
6:38pm

Snapmap
I already have, idiot
6:38pm
now I want my two other boyfriends to try it 🥰
6:38pm

Georg
ew
6:38pm

Snapmap
rude
6:39pm
I'm the best boyfriend
6:39pm

Georg
wrong but okay
6:39pm
are you coming over or not?
6:41pm

Snapmap
omw babe 🥰
6:41pm
Seen