Chapter 5

5 | It's the way you carry yourself

"Let's go home-"

"What were you doing upstairs?" Michigan snapped.

"I was using the bathroom upstairs, the one down here was occupied." Toni lied looking down at Joshua.

"You good? Did you have a great time?" Toni smiled at him.

"I did. Today was fun, please don't be angry at Toni." Joshua pleaded looking up at his father.

Michigan steered his attention from Kenny down onto Joshua and nodded flashing him a smile.

"I'm not angry at her."

"Babe you didn't have to come get us I came with my own car." Toni said nonchalantly.

"I called you but you weren't picking up." Michigan said placing his attention back onto Kenny who came walking up to them.

"Sorry baby, I put my phone on silent."

"It's fine." He leaned in to kiss her lips but Toni quickly turned her face to the side giving him access to her cheek instead.

She felt too dirty in that moment, she first needed to wash Kenny off her before she could allow her husband to kiss her again.

"Let's go. I'll get my car tomorrow." Toni said facing Sydney who nodded in agreement.
_____________________________

"Babe which earrings?" Toni asked coming out the closet holding up two different hoops, "the gold ones or the silver?" Toni asked walking up to the mirror holding each one at a time to her ear.

"Which one do you want to wear?" Michigan asked buttoning his shirt.

"I don't know that's why I'm asking you..." Toni frowned turning around to face him.

"I don't know either Toni. Shit I'm gonna be late for work, I told Chloe to drop the boys off at school. You don't mind do you?" Michigan raised his eyebrows removing his phone from the charger.

"No of course not." Toni shook her head as he came up to her and kissed her lips before he rushed out their bedroom.

Toni bit her lip turning around looking at herself in the mirror. She stared down at the two earrings in her hand before she decided on the gold hoops, she could match it with her gold shades.

________________________

Toni got out the uber that came to a halt in front of her sister's mansion. She looked up and adjusted the sling of her bag on her shoulder before she walked up to the front door and as soon as she reached it the door was pulled open.

"I'll be there in an hour." Kenny spoke into his phone, he looked up at Toni and smiled.

"Shit are you trying to look good on purpose?" Kenny laughed scanning her over as he swiped his tongue across his bottom lip.