39: Tainted Image

Narrator's POV

"CEO Park Mina's Scandal Has Been leaked!"

"...CEO Park Mina's Scandal has exploded..."

"...A Picture of the CEO and an anonymous man was taken inside a hotel room.."

"Good work" Mr. Kim Yochul smiled as he turned his gaze at his secretary whose head is hung lowered due to the shame and pity he felt.

"Now the tables have turned" the old man chuckled lightly as an evil smile formed on his face.

"She should've just let me get what I want instead of trying to resist" He muttered before putting the stick of cigar in his mouth.

"Now look what happened to her" He added before puffing out a smoke.

On the other hand, Soonyoung watched in horror as he stared at the television with widened eyes, feeling flabbergasted, too shock to even move nor speak a word.

"Oh my God, why do I recognize that man?" Seokmin whispered to his ear.

"Shit" Soonyoung cussed under his breath which caught Seokmin's attention.

"I told you, that man is familia-"

"We need to do something about this!" Soonyoung exclaimed as he left the break room, making his way to his office.

It has been quite a few months since Soonyoung was assigned as the head of the finishing department. At first, he was happy and grateful towards his boss for giving him such a higher position.

But now that another scandal has exploded, He felt tons of heavy metals being placed on his back, but he had no choice since he's a trusted employee that has been wrapped around Mina's fingers for a long time.

"Seungkwan! I need you to take down all the articles, news, including the picture!" Soonyoung is shouted in distress through the phone.

His loud voice could be heard in his office, the employees outside couldn't help, but to keep glancing at him and also watching the news.

"We can't! The picture keeps spreading like wildfire!" Soonyoung cussed inside his head as sweats of stress started to drip down from his forehead.

He walked back and forth with the telephone still on his ear.

"Seungkwan! Please do something! I can't let Ms. Park get into trouble or else she might spill her anger on me!" Soonyoung pleaded as he heard a sharp sigh from the other line.

"All right, but don't expect the issue to sink down so easily"

"Okay, we'll send the money there" Soonyoung said before hanging up.

It has been always like this. Whenever an issue explodes, The company would always ask the media for help to take down all the articles, pictures and videos.

The I.T department has always been by their side because of their money.

"Seokmin, when is the time of arrival of Ms. Park?" Soonyoung asked Seokmin who passed by his office.

"By ten" Seokmin answered as he took a glance on his watch.

Soonyoung immediately grabbed his coat, walking out of the office with a fast pace, all he could think of is saving his boss' career as if its his life.

"Seokmin, come with me" Soonyoung grabbed Seokmin's wrist harshly, dragging him.

"Where are we going?" He asked, clueless.

"To the airport"

Soonyoung's POV

Hours of flight must be very long, Ms. Park is probably not aware of what is happening right now which is why I've decided to come to the airport myself to pick her up and inform her about it.

And of course, the paparazzis and news reporters would all be here to ask her some questions and we can't do that, not until she has a prepared answer and a lawyer by her side.

"So many reporters are already waiting for her there" Seokmin spoke as he pointed near the arrival door where Mina is expected to appear.

"I know" I sighed

"I need you to take care of the luggages while I take care of her"

Mina's POV

"Finally, Korea" I heard Jeonghan muttered as the plane landed on the ground.

After a few reminders and announcements by the flight attendant, We grabbed our bags and headed inside the airport.

As the door opened, camera flashes and a chaotic crowd greeted me. I stared at the people in front of me who are holding cameras and mics. They were gathering around me to the point that Jeonghan was shoved away and I couldn't breath in the crowd.

"Ms. Park! May I ask you a few questions?!"

"What can you say about the recent scandal about you?"

"Is it true that you are in a relationship?"

"And who is that anonymous guy in that video?" I stood there stiff, tongue-tied. Too confuse and shock to do something.

"Please back away, Ms. Park won't be answering your questions for a while due to her exhaustion" Soonyoung suddenly appeared in front of me with a couple of bodyguards who cleared the pathway for me.

What is happening?

***

"Seokmin would be the one taking care of your luggages" Soonyoung said as we got inside the taxi.

"What was that about?" I asked as I took a glance outside and saw a few more reporters desperate for an answer.

"It's about this" He took out his phone and showed me a short clip which made my eyes widened as I watch in horror.

My palms became sweaty, my surrounding felt cold as I sat frozen on my seat. I gulped down my saliva as Jeonghan and I exchanged glances.

In that video, you can see Jeonghan and I having sex in my hotel room.

"Wh-When was that l...l-leaked?"

"It was early in the morning" he answered

"Did you call Seungkwan?"

"Yes, but he said that it's too hard to cover up everything. Ever since it was leaked, it was spreading like wildfire"

"Did you find out who's behind this?" Anger and frustration built up as I clenched my fist, gritting my teeth.

"No, but I already gave a call to Hyungwon and asked him to find the source of the video"

"Good" I said as I pulled out my phone. My eyes went even wide as I saw many notifications from the shareholders, board of directors of course from my parents.

I really am doomed.

I have to find a way to cover up everything!

"Soonyoung, let's have a talk in my house"

"And you Jeonghan" I faced him, meeting his worried eyes.

"Take a rest, you must be feeling tired" He was about to speak a word, but I looked away, avoiding his gaze.

I can't risk getting you involve in this mess I made.