52: Unexpected Riot

~Few Weeks Later~

Jeonghan's POV

It's been a week since Mina and I had done it. When we went to work, she was acting cold an distant like nothing happened. She doesn't talk to me unless it's about work, she doesn't tease me like she always do which is a peculiar thing not to do.

I frowned as I watch her gesture Soonyoung to follow her which Soonyoung did immediately. The two sneakily went out of the venue, rushing out.

Oh please, Don't tell me she's also having sex with him.

She's driving me insane.

Mina's POV

"How has it been lately?" I whispered casually to Soonyoung.

"They asked me to keep an eye on you although I turned down their offer" He responded as I chuckled.

It's been weeks since I knew about what the directors are scheming against me. The death threats sent to my messages. I know they are from them, but the painting and the dead dove is from the master head.

I still haven't figured out who's the leader of this sketchy scheme, but I must say that I am one step ahead of knowing who it is because of the clues I found in the painting and the familiar e-mail sent my personal account.

To be honest, I hope that my intuition is wrong.

I hope he's not the master head of this devilry.

I really hope.

"Tell them wrong infos" I said as I pulled out a cigarette and gestured him to light it up which he did.

"Affirmative" I smirked as he smirked back at me.

"So tell me what they are scheming" I put the cigarette over my mouth.

"I've been trying to get informations about it, but they won't let me to" He responded as I nodded my head.

"Being an insider under my command is already a good advantage"

"Anyway, Soonyoung, Will you do me another favor?"

"Sure miss" He said as he turned his gaze at me.

"Protect Jeonghan"

"Don't let him get involve in this mess."

I've been trying to distant myself from him since I didn't want him to be the target of the directors. I also didn't tell him about this sketchy stuffs going on or else it might frighten him and he wouldn't be able to handle it.

"I don't want him to die" I added as I puffed out a smoke.

***

After that so-called casual talk outside while smoking, Soonyoung and I got back inside the venue to continue watching the runway. So far, there's nothing suspicious around the directors.

I can't help, but to keep looking around trying to catch a glimpse of Jihoon's silhouette, but I couldn't. The thought of him not attending this time makes my heart ache. He never misses a fashion show, he always comes and supports me, but this time I messed up.

I keep looking at my phone trying to see if he's gonna text or call me, but there's none. Not even a single thing.

"Where have you been?" Myungho asked as he suddenly appeared beside me.