Perfect

Lin's POV

I smiled as we drove down the busy New York streets, watching Paisley beaming as she looked out the window as if she had never been to New York before, her expression similar to that of a kid in a candy store.

"Do you mind if we stop by the theatre really quick?" I asked, earning a confused look from Paisley and instantly seeing the panic in her face.

"What about Sebastian? And Vanessa?"

"V's at work and Seb's with my parents. You'll see them soon, I promise." I assured Paisley, because I know that's all she wants to do right now. "Can we just stop by the theatre? Super quick, I know everyone's gonna want to see you."

"Sure." Paisley smiled a little.

I turned to the left, taking the route that would get us to the Rodgers the quickest. Of course, in New York City, you can never technically get anywhere quickly, but we did get there eventually.

I opened the back door to the Rodgers, very happy to be back after two long days away. I looked back at Paisley to see the same amazed expression on her face, looking again like she hasn't walked these halls a hundred times before.

I grinned, shaking my head as I led her down multiple hallways until we finally reached the rehearsal room that the entire cast was packed into, preparing for tonight's show.

"Lin!" Alex called from where he was sitting behind the piano. "You're super late."

"Sorry, I was busy. Come say hi to-"

"PAISLEY! OH MY GOD!" Jasmine yelled, running over to the doorway and tackling Paisley into a hug. The reaction earned everyone's attention, and soon everyone was by the door, bombarding Paisley.

"Give her some space." I laughed a little. Everyone was talking a mile a minute, still not even hearing me. "Guys!"

"When did you get in?"

"Did you like California?"

"Did you meet any famous people?"

"Are you back for good?"

Paisley looked very happy to see everyone, but very overwhelmed with all the questions. Today has already been super stressful for her, she doesn't need anymore stress.

I stepped between Paisley and the tiny crowd of people, shaking my head. "Space."

"BOO!" Ephraim yelled from the back of the group. I rolled my eyes, trying not to pay him any mind.

"Lin? Is she okay?" Anthony asked at the front, his eyes raking over the small bruises Paisley had. He turned to me, looking very serious. "Are we still on for kicking her dad's ass?"

"What?" Paisley asked as she looked at me. I shook my head, putting on a smile.

"No way. Violence isn't the answer." I said calmly. Paisley smiled, noticeably relaxing as she turned to Renée, obviously happy with that answer. I turned to Anthony, talking in a hushed voice now. "We'll talk about it later."

"Thank you, Lin." Alex mumbled sarcastically as he walked over to us, sheet music in one hand and a coffee mug in the other. The large crowd by the door made it very evident that no one would be going back to rehearsal. These people have the shortest attention span I've ever seen.

"I'm sorry." Paisley said sheepishly, looking like she thought Alex might yell at her for interrupting rehearsal. But Alex only smiled, shaking his head.

"Don't be. I'm glad you're back." He said before turning to everyone. "We go again in fifteen."

Without missing a beat, Thayne scooped Paisley up, taking off down the hallway with her. Alex groaned loudly, closing his eyes.