Taekook forever/taekook

Fluff
Author: orphan_account
Summary: Jeongguk wakes up as Taehyung one morning

__________

JEONGGUK & NAMJOON'S BEDROOM

BANGTAN DORM, 7.30AM

Jeongguk wakes up with a start to his alarm going off, obscenely loud. Peering out of sleep ridden eyes he scrambles to grab his phone mashing the screen in a frenzy just to get the thing to shut up. Wait. Girl's Generation? That's not my alarm tone.

Jeongguk blinks one eye open blearily peeking down at his phone. What the fuck? Why've I got Tae's phone?

He blinks a second time, disoriented, rubbing his eyes hard to get the sleep out.

Wait. Why am I in this room?

I'm in Taehyung's bed?

What?

Curiosity and confusion overpowering his sleepiness, he gets up, stumbling into the lounge seeking an explanation.

Jeongguk's mind scrambles to recall the night's events. It had been a chill affair, practice had finished at a comfortable 12am (for once). He'd watched anime with Taehyung and Hoseok. Then the boys had all ordered takeout much to Jin's chagrin. Jeongguk distinctively remembered saying goodnight and going to bed. To his bed. Definitely not Taehyung's.

God I'm going insane.

Bangtan's schedules are jam-packed at the moment and the boys were all on the brink of exhaustion. As much as Jeongguk loved it, there were some days when his mind wandered, wondering what his life would be like if he wasn't an idol. Just the previous week Jeongguk had to pull out of a performance, due to a bout of flu that just wouldn't quit. Rest, his doctor had instructed and Jeongguk had inwardly scoffed when have I got time for that.

Taehyung had stepped in for Jeongguk and Jeongguk smiles recalling how the boy insisted he lip-sync to Jeongguk's parts rather than sing them himself. It had been weird to watch them perform without him, but Taehyung whole-heartedly lip-syncing his section was simultaneously the funniest but most endearing thing in the world. Where is Taehyung?

Jeongguk's thoughts abruptly come to a halt as he looks up to see himself walk into the room. WHAT THE FUCK? He stares, disbelievingly at himself, who is staring right back at him in obvious confusion. God I am going insane, it's a dream. Jeongguk relaxes slightly, observing himself across the room.

Holy shit I'm lucid dreaming. I'm self-aware! This is awesome.

Taehyung will trip out at this, can't wait to tell him!

Jeongguk walks up to his - other self? It is strange, looking at himself as a person, not in the mirror. Would this other self sound the same? His look-alike's eyes are wide and he sees him shake slightly as Jeongguk walks towards him.

"J-Jeongguk?" his other self says tentatively. Yup same voice.

"This is weird," Jeongguk responds, before clapping a hand over his mouth in surprise.

Why the fuck do I sound like Taehyung?

This dream is next level.

Jeongguk #2 points up at his face, wordlessly, mouth hanging open. Jeongguk frowns, rubbing his temples. I need more sleep, man.

Shit I am asleep.

I'm dreaming.

Jeongguk the fake steps forwards, grabbing both Jeongguk's wrists and dragging him in the direction of the bathroom. Too tired to protest or question, and currently questioning his sanity, Jeongguk follows obediently. Hope this isn't a mental breakdown.