chapter 05

After raiding the closets in Elliots apartment, the four of us set off to the address that was on the invitation.

We were crouched behind a car that was parked at the address. Lila was behind Diego, me behind her, and Five behind me. 

"Well, what's the plan?" I asked quietly.

"We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time," Diego replied softly.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I asked, turning to Five.

"Find the old man and get out fast," Five explained.

Diego turned and looked at the two of us.

"That's what I said,"

"On me," he continued.

Diego got up slightly and rushed to the next car, me right behind him. A couple seconds later, Lila ran up behind me.

Diego scoped out the place before giving us the okay to follow him. We hid behind a shrub before straightening up and walking towards the front doors like we belonged.

I linked my arm through Fives and we walked in straight after Lila and Diego. Soft music played throughout the building and men and women walked past carrying trays of champagne.

Five grabbed two glasses off of one of the trays and handed one to me. I looked around at the crowd and didn't spot an asshole with a goatee once.

"I don't see Reginald anywhere," I observed as we met up with Diego and Lila.

"Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve," Five ordered. "We'll take the upstairs,"

Five started leading me away but I turned back to Diego.

"Diego, try not to do anything stupid," I smiled before turning away and following Five.

We stalked up the stairs, making sure nobody saw us as we did. I looked around the upstairs before walking down a long hallway and stopping at the end.

"Well? Where could he be?" I asked, looking around at the doors.

Before Five could answer, footsteps sounded at the end of the hallway and Five pushed me up against the doorframe of the last door in the hall. He put his hand over my mouth and looked down the hallway in focus.

As soon as the men had disappeared in one of the rooms, Five let me go and we stepped out into the hallway. He looked at the door thoughtfully before blinking into a closet that was attached to the room.

~

Five and I had been sitting in the closet for at least an hour or two. My legs were starting to fall asleep. I moved them slightly but as I did, they bumped into a box and it toppled down onto the floor.

Somebody turned to look at the closet and my eyes widened in shock.

"Dad?" Five muttered.

"Is that him?" I mumbled.

Reginald grabbed a stick from the fireplace and approached the closet cautiously.