chapter 13

"What did he do to you?" Vanya asked.

"He's- he's dead... Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin," Sissy explained. "What the hell did you do to my son?"

"We don't have time for this," Diego muttered, walking ahead.

"Diego-," I started.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Sissy asked, pointing the gun at Diego.

"To help your son," Diego responded.

The rest of us walked forward slowly, following in Diego's footsteps.

"Sissy, I found my family. These are my brothers and sisters," Vanya explained.

Sissy slowly lowered the gun and looked around at us.

"Were you lyin' to me the whole time?" she asked.

"Of course not. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone," Vanya pleaded.

"Then... who are you?" Sissy asked slowly.

"The only one who can help Harlan," Vanya answered.

Sissy nodded and let Vanya get past her. Vanya ran past her and to the barn door and we all followed. Inside the barn was some kind of beam spurting energy. Inside of it was a little boy I assumed to be Harlan.

Vanya rushed over it but made sure to stay a safe distance away.

"Harlan, It's Vanya!" she yelled.

Harlan was in mid air, supported only by the beam of energy. I couldn't hear what Vanya was yelling over the noise of the beam.

Vanya looked over to Sissy and nodded. Vanya then stepped into the beam.

"Oh god, Vanya," I mumbled.

"Careful," Five cautioned loudly.

I heard it. The familiar sound that came only when someone had spatial jumped. Klaus had heard it too. We walked over to the doorway and looked out onto the large field.

"Oh, shit," I mumbled as I recognized the two women standing out on the field.

The Handler was standing with Lila next to her.

"Guys," Klaus called out to our siblings.

"What?" Diego asked, walking over.

"Look who's here," I mumbled.

"who are they?" Klaus asked as everyone except Vanya and Sissy crowded the doorway.

"One's the Handler, the others Diego's girlfriend," Five answered.

"Lila. That's my ex girlfriend," Diego corrected Five.

"You know what? Doesn't matter. They both look angry," Luther added.

"Yeah," Klaus chipped in.

"Our brother has that effect on people," Allison shrugged.

"I'm gonna go find out what they want. You guys stay here with Vanya and the kid,"

"I'm coming," Diego and I said in sync.

"No, Keely-,"

"Five, I'm coming," I snapped. "I'm just as involved in this as you are,"

Five was about to argue but decided against it, nodding for me to follow him. We walked around the barn and out towards The Handler and Lila.

"Keely! It's been a long time, hasn't it?" The Handler asked, looking at me.