chapter 06

Everyone had turned to look at Five, their eyes widened. Five had already informed me of this of course, but it didn't soften the blow.

"I was there, I saw it. And I want to forget it, but I can't," he shook his head sadly. "I saw Russian nukes vaporize the world with all of you in it... in a war that never happened until we brought it here. And Hazel gave his life to save us so, you may need to shut up and just listen to me,"

"I don't know if the things we've experienced here are all connected. I don't know if there's a reason for everything. But Dad will," he continued. "We need to talk to him before everyone and everything we know is dead,"

"Okay, I'm out," Luther sighed, not even letting the information soak in.

"Did you even hear me, Luther?" Five scoffed as Luther walked towards the stairs.

"Yeah. Yeah, I did. I heard a 61-year-old man who still wants his daddy to come and fix everything. Well, you can count me out," Luther spat, stopping to look at Five. "It's time we all grew the hell up,"

"Seriously, Luther?"

"Luther!"

"Where you going?"

Luther ignored all of our protests and continued onto the stairs. Diego shook his head and took off after the man.

"Save it, Diego," Luther snapped.

Five scoffed and blinked away. He appeared in front of Luther and looked up at him angrily.

"No one leaves until we figure this out," he ordered.

Luther sighed before grabbing Five by the collar of his shirt and throwing him off of the stairs. Five was a couple feet away from the door when he yelled and disappeared.

"Luther, you dick," I snapped, looking down at him from the railing.

Luther looked up at me and shook his head before continuing to walk away. I scoffed before walking back over to the seating area and plopping myself down beside Allison.

Klaus had taken one of the bowls of jell-o off of the table and was poking it slightly.

"You know, I could really go for some tacos right now, Allison? Tacos?" he suggested thoughtfully.

"Shouldn't we wait?" Allison asked.

"You know those guys. I mean, it could take forever for them to bro it out," Klaus pointed out. "Keely? Vanya? Tacos?"

"Any way that tacos could end the world?" Vanya asked sarcastically.

"One way to find out," I sighed, standing up.

"Sure is," Allison smiled.

"Let's go!" Klaus exclaimed.

~

After eating tacos, The four of us were sitting in a hair salon that Allison happened to work at. It was closed at the moment so we had the place to ourselves.

I was sat in one of the salon chairs and Allison was behind me, a pair of scissors in one hand and a bottle of liquor in the other.

"The nerve of that man. I mean, one thing goes wrong and he's on a warpath. I mean, doesn't know who I am? No, no. no, Ray, you know exactly who I am. You just can't handle it," Allison ranted. "I'm protecting him,"

"From what?" I asked.

"The end of the world, for one," Allison responded as she combed through my hair.