chapter 12

"Are you okay?!"

My eyes fluttered open slowly and I immediately noticed the absence of the insane wind. I looked above me and noticed Vanya. She was okay.

"Vanya," Allison smiled.

Klaus sat up beside me and leaned on my shoulder.

"Did we save the world or what?" he asked.

"I think so," I nodded. "Building's still here,"

Diego sat up suddenly and looked down at his watch.

"Kennedy's a few minutes away," he muttered, standing up. "I can still save him,"

"No, Diego, wait!" Allison exclaimed.

"Diego, let it go!" I yelled after the man.

Allison got to her feet and rushed after her brother. They were gone for only a few minutes when Diego sprinted past us and into the elevator.

"What the hell?" I muttered, pushing myself to my feet.

I walked down the hallway, Vanya and Klaus right behind me. I spotted Allison by a window and stood beside her.

"Is he really doing this?"

"It's Diego, what do you expect,"

I shook my head and looked down upon the street below. It was insane to think that in a couple seconds (if Diego didn't succeed) the President of the USA would be dead.

Even though he looked like an ant, I could still see Diego sprinting across the street and towards the grass. He grabbed ahold of what looked to be Reginald and tackled him to the ground.

The gunshot still sounded.

~

"Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination,"

Five, Allison, Vanya, Luther, Diego, and I stood around the small TV in the lower level of Elliots apartment, watching the recent news story; that we happened to be staring in.

"The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald,"

I crossed my arms over my chest and bit my lip nervously, staring at the TV screen intently.

"Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza,"

After the news reporter had finished talking about Vanya, her picture was removed from the screen and Diego's replaced it.

"A Cuban exile only known as Diego-,"

"Cuban?" Diego questioned.

"-who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium,"

Luther appeared on the screen.

"A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected Mafia ties who fights under the alias 'King Kong',"