𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Disclaimer: I changed it so that Cedric is a year older (in terms of school, his age will stay the same) than in the stories; he will be in seventh-year (and still seventeen) during the Triwizard Tournament
Disclaimer 2: There's been some confusion, so just letting you guys know, Liliana is her full first name while her nickname is Liana :)

𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐀
"𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑙𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑑 ℎ𝑒. 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔."
—𝐶𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑒, 𝐶𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑒
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟑𝟑𝟒𝟐

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

Dear Cedric,

I'm doing well, thank you for asking. I've been spending a lot of time reading and studying, which has been really fun. To me, at least. I know it's a different story for you. Although, there's a book I'm excited to tell you about, I think you'd really like it.

Anyway, I hope you've been doing well,

Liliana paused. What else could she write? 'I miss you so much' seemed too telling. She wouldn't want Cedric to figure out that she fancied him through a measly letter, would she? She wasn't about to let five years of friendship go down the drain because of a slip-up in a letter.

Maybe she should just make the statement about all the boys. That would make it far less suspicious—or so she hoped.

I've been missing everyone (including you, obviously).

'Obviously'? Should she keep that in? Was that too much?

Was she overthinking this?

With a sigh, she crumpled up the parchment paper and tossed it in the bin under her desk. The school term was starting in a couple of days anyway, she was sure he wouldn't mind if she responded to his letter in real life.

Liliana laid back on her bed, her dark hair spreading across the soft pillow as her mind wandered about the boy she liked so much.

Cedric Diggory. Oh, she could go on about him for hours. The Hufflepuff boy whose brown hair was the softest thing she's ever touched; whose eyes were the most beautiful shade of grey that she's ever beared witness to; whose rosy cheeks made hers only blush to reach the same colour.

But he didn't like her back. Surely not, not the boy who everyone admired, who every girl fell in love with upon sight of him. Liliana had absolutely no reason to believe that Cedric would choose her. 

Yes, he had been quite flirty with her at some times. But then again, maybe that was just his personality. Or maybe, Liliana pondered, she was making it all up in her head. Maybe, this whole time, he had just been very friendly, much more so to her than the others, for some reason. 

She and Cedric, along with a few other boys, have been close ever since their first year at Hogwarts. Liliana had first met Riley, him being the most fun-loving boy in the group. He had curly, brown hair and deep brown eyes that matched her own, and constantly had an adorable grin that took up half of his face. They met on the train to the school, and he had then introduced her to Wesley, Devon, and of course, Cedric.

Wesley was definitely the most responsible person out of the three. Although there have been many girls who fancied him, liking his dark blond locks and crystal blue eyes, he's always brushed them aside, choosing instead to focus on his studies. She and Wesley usually studied together for their tests and complained together when the other boys bothered them for help.