𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
"𝑃𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒, ℎ𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡. 𝑆𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 - 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡. 𝑆𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠, 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔."
—𝐺𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝑃𝑎𝑢𝑙𝑠𝑒𝑛, 𝐻𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑡
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟑𝟏𝟗𝟏

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

"𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓?!" 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 in horror, her eyes wide. "You're going to find out what the third task is tonight?!"

It was the last week of May, and while the temperature rose, so did Liliana's nerves. Every day that passed was another day closer to the final task, which was most unquestionably going to be the most dangerous.

And according to Professor Bonavich, who had held Cedric back for a few moments after their last class, the Champions were to discover what they were up against at nine o'clock that evening.

"Yes." Cedric nodded, the confirmation causing fear to seep into her chest. He gave her a warm smile as he shifted his bookbag to his right hand and used the other to lace his fingers through hers. "I'll be fine, love. Don't worry."

"I know, but . . ." She sighed as they headed out towards the Great Hall among quite a few other students. "You can never be too sure."

"I guess we'll just have to wait until tonight." He gave a small shrug as they sat down at the dining table, whose benches were missing their friends.

Wesley, Devon, Riley, and Evangeline arrived not too long after and sat in their spots. Cedric relayed the same information he had to Liliana. It was pretty reasonable to say that the others had similar responses.

"Tonight?" Riley's eyes grew. "Like, tonight, tonight? Like, tonight, tonight, tonight? Like, tonight, tonight, tonight, to—"

"Yes, tonight!" Liliana cut him off, shaking her head as she tore a dinner roll in half.

Wesley's eyebrows were furrowed as he piled salad onto his plate. "What time?"

"Nine," Cedric answered as he began to eat, his forehead creased as he thought. "On the Quidditch pitch."

"The Quidditch pitch?" Devon raised his eyebrows, quickly glancing over towards the wall that concealed the direction of the grassy land. "Do you think the last task is going to be related to Quidditch?"

"If it was, Viktor Krum would win," Evangeline giggled. She realized after a moment of everyone staring at her and added, "No offence, Cedric."

"None taken, he's the best seeker out there." Cedric laughed as he gave her a reassuring smile, causing a grin to form on her face.

"More like the best Quidditch player out there," she corrected.

Riley smacked her lightly on the arm, a large pout on his face. His cheeks were stuffed with chicken but he still managed to say, slightly muffled, "What about me?"

"Sorry, sorry, Krum is the second best Quidditch player," she corrected herself before planting a small kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah, because Cedric's the best." Devon smirked, receiving a rather hard punch on the shoulder from Riley. Ignoring the hit, he looked towards Cedric, raising his eyebrows as he picked up a carrot. "What do you think it is?"