𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋
"𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑. 𝐼𝑓 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑."
—𝑂𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑒
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟏𝟓𝟑𝟓

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

"𝐒𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 it. . . ."

Liliana stared out into the glittering lake before turning to the school that stood so magnificently behind her. It rested against a clear, blue backdrop and the yellow glow of lit rooms was visible from several windows. 

The grass blew lightly with the gentle breeze, and a few students from the younger years were strolling the grounds for one last time before they went home for the summer.

She turned to Cedric, who gave her a small smile. His gaze shifted to the school before he looked back at her. "I'm going to miss this place."

"Me too," she sighed.

She felt a nudge on her arm and turned to see Wesley, who looked absolutely exasperated. Behind him, Riley and Devon were giggling away, while Evangeline stared at them disapprovingly.

"Can I come in your boat?" Wesley pleaded. "I'm afraid I might . . . accidentally throw both Riley and Devon into the lake if I go with them."

"Of course you can, Wes," Liliana laughed, patting him on the shoulder. "Although I'm sure that they'll somehow get in the water by themselves."

"Wouldn't be a surprise, they're morons," Wesley muttered.

And so, with the other graduating students, the three of them climbed into their very own wooden boat. It began to drift off into the lake, the gentle sound of water splashing against their boat filling their ears.

Liliana gazed off at the lake in front of her. The flowing water gleamed in the sunlight, rippling as the fleet of boats approached them. The closer the grassy land opposite the school got to them, the more she longed to turn back.

She leaned her head on Cedric's shoulder, and he wrapped an arm around her waist, using his thumb to caress her side lightly. He planted a kiss on her head that made her feel slightly better, and she took his free hand in her own, delicately playing with his fingers.

Sitting in front of them was Wesley, who was glaring at the boys in the boat next to them (who were flipping him off with glee as Evangeline tried to slap their hands away). He shook his head and muttered to himself in anger, causing Liliana to wonder what the other two had done in the first place. Whatever it was, it must've annoyed the hell out of him.

They soon reached land, and with one glance back at the school, Liliana got out of the boat. Cedric interlaced his fingers with hers as they began to walk to Hogsmeade Station, giving her a reassuring smile.

It wasn't long until the six of them squeezed themselves into their own compartment. Liliana and Cedric took the same position as they had on the boat, his arm snaked around her waist as her head rested on his shoulder.

It only took a couple of minutes for Devon to begin sprouting his usual nonsense.

"Do you guys think that cereal is soup?"

Wesley stared at him for a moment as he let out a deep sigh. "No."

"Well, how do you know?" Devon jeered, folding his arms as he crossed one leg over the other. "They're both liquids with stuff inside and in a bowl."