𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓
"𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟."
—𝑆𝑎𝑛ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑎 𝐵𝑎𝑟𝑢𝑎ℎ
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟓𝟓𝟕𝟐
𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭 ;)

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 first couple of weeks of August weren't too entertaining for Liliana. Both of her parents were quite busy with their jobs at the Ministry, therefore only really leaving weekends for family time. 

For the rest of the days, she usually just studied for her upcoming N.E.W.T.s, exchanged letters with the friends she missed dearly and read as many books as she could possibly read.

She was more than excited to spend the last few days of the summer with Cedric. In fact, she had spent a lot of the past month studying and reading about Quidditch, and she now knew much more than a beginner did. She also now knew the names of the Bulgarian and Irish teams: the Bulgarian National Quidditch Team and the Irish National Quidditch Team.

They were a lot simpler than she had thought. She should've guessed it.

Other than becoming a Quidditch expert and reading about school subjects so much so that she wanted to rip her eyes out (and she was saying that!), her summer hadn't been too fascinating. And judging by the letters she received, it seemed as though it was the same way for everyone else.

But today was August 22nd, and she knew her summer was about to become much better.

Her luggage had already been packed and sent to Cedric's house, mainly consisting of her school things since she wasn't going to come back home before the beginning of the term, along with her present for Cedric. All that was left to do was say goodbye to her parents.

Turning her lights off for the last time that year, Liliana left her bedroom, making sure to close the door behind her. She went down the stairs to see her parents sitting on the couch in the living room, talking about some work they had to finish up.

As soon as they heard the light thud of her footsteps, they stood up, warm smiles on their faces as she approached them.

Her dad gave her a tight hug. "Be safe, okay?"

"I'll try my best," Liliana promised with a chuckle as her mum kissed her on the cheek.

"Make sure to write to us whenever you can." Her mum smiled, smoothing down the back of Liliana's dark hair. "And when school starts, make sure to send a letter once you get there. And every day after."

"Will do." Liliana nodded.

"Tell Cedric's parents that we say hello." Her dad suddenly paused, realizing something. "Although, I do have a meeting that Amos is going to tomorrow. . . . Tell Mrs. Diggory I say hello."

"If you only say hello to Emelia, then it sounds like you don't want to say hello to Amos," her mum chided, slapping him playfully on the arm.

"Tell Mrs. Diggory that I say hello, and then tell Mr. Diggory that I look forward to seeing him tomorrow?" Her dad tried again before wrinkling his nose. "That doesn't sound—"

"I'll just not say anything about hellos," Liliana laughed, giving one last kiss of farewell on either of her parents' cheeks. "Bye!"

Seeing that she had turned seventeen in early July, she had taken apparition lessons not long after. She passed the test at the beginning of August, although she could've sworn she had left an eyebrow hair or two in the original spot.