𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘
"𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑘𝑠, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙."
—𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑤 𝐵𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟓𝟐𝟑𝟒

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐎𝐅 exams was quite a stressful one. 

Both the common rooms and library were packed with students, all either huddled in groups or studying independently. The fear and nervousness had multiplied tenfold with each moment that passed, not making an ideal study environment.

Liliana had mainly studied with Cedric but had made time to study for a couple of classes with the rest of the boys. Of course, the twins were on edge about their O.W.L.s, so she had set aside some time to help them as well.

Most of the exams had gone quite well for Liliana, and she was pretty pleased after writing each exam. Divination, of course, was pretty bologna, but it seemed as though Professor Trelawney was quite convinced after Liliana made up some dogshit about what she had seen in the crystal ball (she had said that she had seen two people getting married—it was vague enough to be true, since people do, in fact, get married).

The last exam of the week was Alchemy, and, boy, did she and Cedric study hard on that one. The class was mostly memorization, and the exam was chock-full of the history of alchemy and alchemists, so they had to work hard to do well. 

After it had finished, Cedric and Liliana headed back to the Hufflepuff common room to meet with the other boys.

Once they sat down on their usual couch, Liliana gave a sigh of relief. She laid her head on Cedric's shoulder as he snaked his arm around her waist, happy that exams were over and she could now live stress-free (until school started again, that is). 

Devon didn't seem quite as happy as he marched in with a pout on his face, the other two boys giggling at him as they sat down on the opposite couch.

Liliana furrowed her eyebrows. "Dev, are you—"

"No! I'm not!" he huffed as he sat down in the middle of the two boys, his arms folded.

"What happened?" Cedric chuckled.

"Babbling happened, that's what!" Devon exclaimed angrily as he scrunched his face.

"He mixed a couple of runes up." Wesley shrugged, giving a reassuring pat onto the other boy's shoulder.

"A couple?" Cedric scoffed as he raised his eyebrows. "That's not bad. You could still get a good mark."

"My mum's going to kill me!" Devon howled.

Riley laughed. "You're mum's not going to—"

"She's going to kill me!"

"So dramatic," Liliana muttered to Cedric, who laughed in response. "Wes, Riley, how were your exams?"

"I think I messed up a couple of runes too, but at least I'm not being a baby about it." Riley directed the last part to Devon, who was still wailing about how his mom was going to murder him.

"Yeah, it wasn't too bad." Wesley shrugged in agreement.

"Good." Liliana smiled. She checked the time and quickly got up. "Actually, I think I need to go. Buckbeak's appeal should've ended by now, I need to go see what the result is."

"Do you think the result'll be in our favour?" Cedric asked.

She sighed as she leaned down and planted a short kiss on his lips. "Probably not."