𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒
"𝐹𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑝ℎ𝑜𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑥. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑖𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛 𝑎 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛."
—𝐿𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ 𝐵𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑢𝑔𝑜, 𝐶𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝐾𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑑𝑜𝑚
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒𝟒𝟎𝟗

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

"𝐒𝐎," 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐂𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋 looked at Liliana's O.W.L. marks, a slight smile playing upon her thin lips, "I see you've achieved an 'O' level in all classes. Well done, Miss Choi."

Liliana smiled as she gave a curt nod and warmly replied, "Thank you, Professor." 

"Now," Professor McGonagall continued, "you will be allowed to take any course you want, as you exceed all their requirements. Which ones would you like to take? And remember: you must take these classes next year as well, they are N.E.W.T. standard classes."

"Um . . ." Liliana thought for a moment, her lips pressing together before she made her decision. "Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Divination, Transfiguration, Astronomy, and Alchemy."

"All right." Professor McGonagall tapped her wand against the blank timetable in front of her, and it was instantly filled with the schedule. She gave Liliana a small smile as she handed it to her. "Here you are."

After Liliana had received her timetable, she made her way over to the Hufflepuff table, taking a seat next to Wesley, who was happily taking a bite into his toast.

"Hey, Liana!" Riley greeted brightly as he shoved a slightly burnt sausage into his mouth. "What do you have first?"

"Divination," Liliana answered as she rolled her eyes. She hated that class but found no interest in the other offered classes, so it was her only choice.

"That's rough," Wesley responded, crinkling his nose.

"Hey, this sucks for the both of us, you have to take it with me too," she giggled, nudging him playfully.

Wesley shook his head as he informed her, "No, I'm not taking it this year." 

She froze in her spot, before turning to narrow her eyes at the boy and incredulously question, "You . . . you what?!"

"I . . . dropped . . . it," he said slowly. "I'm . . . not . . . taking . . . it . . . anymore . . ."

"Wes!" Liliana exclaimed as she slapped him on the arm, harder than she usually did. "We were supposed to suffer together! How dare you!" She looked towards Cedric, who was sitting in front of her, and her eyes narrowed as she jabbed a finger in his direction. "I swear to Merlin, if you got rid of it too, I'm going to—"

"Don't worry, I'm still taking it," Cedric reassured her with a laugh. "I'd never leave you alone—unlike Wesley."

Liliana sighed in relief, nodding slowly as she reached over and patted his arm. "This is why you're my favourite."

"Hey!" three voices exclaimed simultaneously.

"Take Divination, and then you guys would be my favourite," Liliana told them as she shrugged simply.

"I'd rather be your least favourite then." Devon wrinkled his nose as he shuddered. "Trelawney? More like Trenawney."

Wesley rolled his eyes. "No."

"Speaking of Divination" —Cedric began to get up from his spot— "we should probably start heading there now."

Liliana nodded, getting up from her spot. She felt a tap on her shoulder and gave a questioning look to the culprit: Wesley.