Chapter Three

I plop down on the couch beside Lana, sighing in relief. She nudges me with her arm, "how was your day, Kid?"

I groan. "Long. I've already made friends."

"You did?!" She squeals.

I glare at her playfully. "Why is that surprising?"

"Are they good people?" She asks, concern washing over her face.

"I hope so."

She smiles at me, crossing her feet over my lap. I shift and face her with my back pressed against the arm rest. She scratched her head and rests it against the back of the plump new couch. "Tell me about them."

Heat rises to my cheeks. "Well I met Ashton first, I fell into him getting out of my truck. He was in my double music class, and he had his friends in their so he introduced me. Calum and Michael were super sweet and Calum was flirty and really into anything I said. Luke wasn't nice. He said one nice thing then kept a rude look at me, like I'd done something to him."

"Wait, what were their names again?"

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Ashton, Calum, Mikey, Luke? Ashton told me their in a band."

"Yeah! 5 Seconds of Summer! They're on YouTube," she squeals, excitement taking over. "Apparently they're a really good band. Close to getting a record deal, at that."

"What?" A known band. Really? Just my luck. Lana pulls out her phone, pulling up YouTube and playing a video. She turns the screen to me and I watch in shock. They were good. The video was older but god they were good. I feel my phone go off and I pull it out, seeing a text from an unknown number. I open it and read the text.
Hey. Its Ashton. Meeting up later to go over the assignment. Care to join?

I beam at my phone and text back a quick reply.
How'd you get my number creep? :/ I'd love to. When and where? Xo, Kid

He replied instantly.
My place, 5:30. I'm buying pizza. 5567 Elmire's Lane. Be there or be square. ox, Ash

Another text comes in.
How I got your number is for me to know and you to find out ;) ox, Ash

I blush at my phone and put it back into my pocket. I hear footsteps enter the room and my twin groans. "Why that look? You only have that look when you're about to get in trouble or do something to get in trouble."

I frown lightly at Elliot. "I was invited to study with some new friends, actually. We have a music assignment."

He gasps. "You? Friends? Please tell me they're good people!"

"They are, maybe it was me influencing my old friends," I growl, getting up from the couch. It's ten to five now, meaning I should collect my stuff. I grab my bag and head out to my truck.

The drive took roughly fifteen minutes, thanks to the GPS on my phone. I pull into the driveway and park the truck, shutting it off and hopping out. I slowly approach the front door, hesitating to knock. I take a deep breath in and whap my knuckle on the door three times. The door pops open and an older woman answers the door. She smiles wide at me, opening her arms for a hug.

I stare at her a moment before looking down. She gasps at herself and lets out a small laugh. "I'm sorry, darling. I'm Ashton's mum, Anne Mary. You can call me Momma A. All Ashton's friends do. You must be Elizah Kimberly, Ashton's told me a lot about you."

"I prefer Kid," I blush and meet her eyes. They matched Ashton's perfectly. I smile lightly at the woman, following her into the home. She offers me a drink, which I refuse. "I'm okay, I just had some water on the way over."