Chapter Six

I sit on the tailgate of my Chevy, the sunset turning the sky bright shades of oranges, pinks, yellows, greens, and purples. It was absolutely breath taking. I hear a camera shutter and I turn to see Calum holding his phone up. He gives me an innocent smile and holds the phone out to me. I take it and look at the picture. It was an amazing picture, I was blacked out but my silhouette could still be seen, and the colours of the sky danced beautifully behind me. I smile and hand him back his phone.

"Can I get one of us?" He asks.

"Why?" I ask, biting my lip. All night, Calum has been more than sweet and flirty. As flattering as it was, I couldn't stand how nervous he got on more than one occasion tonight.

"I was just thinking it'd be nice. Maybe show your friends back home what you've been doing." I sigh, I'm not going to show the people at home who or what I've been doing, but I nod and take his phone, setting up a shudder time and prepping the towels to use as a makeshift tripod. I hit the capture button and position myself beside Calum. Our arms rested on the end of my tailgate and I leaned into Calum. The shutter goes off and he jumps up into the bed of the truck, grabbing his phone. He smiles at the picture and turns the phone to me. It was adorable.

Calum's cheeks were puffed out and his hands were folded together under his chin. I was leaning my head into his shoulder and I stuck my tongue out crossed eyed. It was completely adorable. I blush and hand him the small phone back. He smiles at me, a hint of sun reflecting in his eyes. "Can we get one more?"

"Sure!"

He sets up the phone one more time and hits the capture button, jumping of the truck and racing back a few feet, pulling me with him. I giggle and suddenly I'm off my feet and Calum is standing sideways at the camera with me dangling off his shoulder. I can barely hold myself up, the laughter escaping my lips is making me weak.

Calum sets me down and I immediately collapse into the sand, laying on my back and laughing hysterically. Calum just smirks and hops back up onto the bed of the truck. I wipe my face and sit up, giving Calum a cheeky smile. I get up and take my sweat shirt off, tossing it onto the truck.

"Wanna swim?" I ask, stripping my short off too.

"Duh! I'm sweating balls!" He laughs, stripping off his shirt. I take a moment to look over his body and then turn to the water, strutting off.

I see a body rush passed me, and I watch as Calum sprints into the water, sending splashes into the air. He dives into the water and resurfaces a moment later.

"How's the water?" I ask, shuffling towards it.

"Amazing!"

"Great!" I squeal before running in calf deep and jumping further in. I resurface about a foot away from Calum. He has a smirk on his face and before I could figure out why, a wave of the warm water is splashed into my face. I gasp and scowl at him. "Are you sure you want to do that?"

Another wave hits me and I glare harder, my eyebrows becoming one in frustration. Calum just gives an innocent smile, shrugging. "It wasn't me."

I roll my eyes and clap my hands against the water, sending it over him. "Oops?"

He jumps at me, brining us both under water. I fight the urge to laugh and push him off me, bringing my head above the water. I let out a bellowing laugh, struggling to keep above the water. Calum comes up in front of me, our chests almost touching. I quiet my laughter as Calum pulls me in lightly. I swallow at bite my lips.

Please don't let this happen.

I hear my ringtone from the truck and silently thank the Lord for the escape. I pull away from him and swim as fast as I can to shore, then racing to my phone. I pick it up and hit answer. "Helop?"

"Mae needs you home. Dad's gotten into an accident and managed to get a sedative because of a crazy person at work. He's ok but Mae wants us all home now," Dylan explains, crunching a chip after finishing.

"On my way," I reply. "Save me some chips, ok?"

"Fine."

I turn to Calum. "I have to get home, my family seems to be accident prone."

He laughs and begins drying off his body. "Now I see where you get it from."

A/N: song is Beachin (i know its country but theyre at the beach so hahahah it works)
Also, my shortest chapter yet :/ filler, of course. Changing some of the next chapters for sure. Rewriting one, editing the rest.
Also, new story coming soon!! So excited. Not giving much away, but it is another 5sos fanfic, probably a Michael au. The title is Survivor, and its based on a mix between Contagion (idk if thats how its spelt, but its that movie about the sickness thingy) and the Resident Evil movies. So like a viral virus that continues to manipulate genetics and zombifies anyone who dies from it, and yeah. All I can give away right now. (: