fourteen: marcus kane

"They don't come looking
Cuz I don't wanna be found
Babe, please come looking
Cuz I wanna be found
"

Confession by D'Artagnan

A few hours later, Avery started to wake up again. She could finally see what was happening around her enough to recognize Bellamy's voice. She saw his deep, watery, brown eyes above her. Even in her half-asleep state she could see the worry in his expression. She mustered the biggest smile she could.

"Bellamy." She said softly. He smiled down at her. Avery could feel herself regaining consciousness again. She started to move her fingers and her toes, and then started to sit up when she knew she could move again. Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, she looked around the room.

She was still in the dropship. Bellamy was sitting near her, and it looked like that was where he'd spent the night. Next to her makeshift bed, which was really just stuffing and some blankets.

"Hey, Flowers." He greeted her, smiling. She looked at him, wondering what the hell happened. He saw her look, and sighed. "We got the antidote." Avery could see the guilt in Bellamy's eyes as he turned away from her. He was ashamed of what he'd done.

"Finn?" She asked, worry lacing her voice. He nodded, and she breathed a sigh of relief.

"You did what you had to." She reassured him. "You saved lives yesterday, Bellamy. You saved my life and you saved Finn's life too. You are a good leader, Bellamy." She stroked the side of his face with her hand, the bandage around her palm moving across his skin. "With a good heart." She sighed, and ran her hand through her hair. "We're in this together."

Bellamy melted at her touch and softly looked into her eyes. They sat there for a moment, her hand on his face, his on the front of her bed, completely entranced in each other. That was, until Miller coughed loudly from the other side of the room. He'd just come in through the ladder, and did not expect to find his leaders like this. He'd hoped, but he hadn't expected it. Avery could practically hear his smirk from the other side of the room.

"Wow, King." He said, a mischievous look in his eyes. "I didn't know you could be so nice."

"Shut up, Miller." She retorted, causing Bellamy to laugh at the pair. "I'd never be this nice to you." Miller shook his head.

"I see how it is."

"Mhm."

Bellamy rolled his eyes, but his gaze turned stoic again when he looked over his shoulder. It was only then that Avery's attention was diverted to the grounder still chained up in the corner of the room. She looked at him curiously, but turned her attention back to Bellamy when he spoke again.

"Did you talk to the Ark?" He asked Miller, and Avery's eyes widened in surprise. She'd almost forgotten that they'd been talking to the Ark amidst the chaos.

"I told Digg's mom the news, John's dad." He looked down at the floor. "I'm supposed to talk to Roma's parents later."

"Thanks for doing that." Bellamy said. "I owe you."

"Telling all these parents that their kids were murdered by grounders," Miller said angrily, turning to the grounder. "I just wish we could say we were getting some justice."

"Hold up, Miller." Avery said. She sat up, looking even more awake. "We're not killing him." Miller responded with a look that told Avery that he definitely did want to kill him. She understood where he was coming from, but the look still made Avery uneasy. The ground was changing them, and it was changing them fast.