Chapter One

6:00 AM.

"Mom, mom, mom!"

"Mhrmmm..."

"Mom, wake up! Mom! Mom! Mooom?"

"Hinata, it's still early..."

"MOOOM!"

"Go back to sleep."

"MOM, IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP RIGHT NOW, I'LL JUMP ON YOUR BACK—"

"OKAY, OKAY! Wait a minute, gosh."

I rubbed my eyes before carrying Hinata to our living room. It's still early yet he's jumping on the bed already.

I pulled the blinds up as I tie them on the long metal bar on top of the window. The dark dim sky is slowly disappearing.

"Mom, where's the sun?"

"We can't see it because our house is facing west."

"Is the sun hiding?"

"No, it's just there on the other side."

Hinata fell silent as he stares outside. His eyes shine as he saw a flock of birds flying across the sky. He always loves watching the sky since he was a baby. He would cry if his crib is placed away from the window.

"Why do you like the sky, Hinata?"

"Should there be a reason while you like skies, Mom?" He blinked twice, genuinely curious. "I like them because they're big! And also, you can see them anywhere! And they change colors! And—"

"Okay, that's enough." Among the rest, there's no doubt that Hinata's the loudest. The other kids are more laid-back and quiet.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Ice cream!"

"That's not for breakfast." I took out a piece of apple from the refrigerator and sliced it into bite-sized cuts, before putting it into a small bowl and giving it to him. "There."

"Yaaay!"

"Hold the bowl tightly—" I moved his one hand below the bowl, and the other on the side. "If it drops on the floor, I will definitely get angry. Do you want that?"

"No!"

"Okay, then."

I sighed as I check my phone. It'll be another long day.

"I want apples too." I looked behind. Geez this kid, what kind of dream made him scowl first thing in the morning?

"You can ask Hinata for some," I pointed at Hinata who was busy running around the living room, stopping every time he passed by the coffee table to get a small piece of apple. "He can't eat all of that."

"I don't want to ask him."

"Why?"

"Because he's a dumbass."

I didn't answer, because I'm not quite sure if I heard that right. "What did you say?"

"Dumbass." He even has his lips pouted as he took some short glances on Hinata, rolling his eyes. Right, right— he obviously hates Hinata.

"Where did you learn that word?" I pinched Kageyama's cheeks as the latter scream in pain. "That's a bad word. I don't want to hear you say it."

"Aw, aw! Hurts!"

"I won't let it go unless you tell me who taught you that." It's actually relieving my stress— pinching his chubby cheeks like this.

"But Shittykawa said that I should say it to people I hate."