Chapter Two

Nothing is less delightful than a peaceful afternoon, where the kids are exhausted from school and can't really play as much as they would want to.

Since they started school eight months ago, I started loving afternoons more. The kids voluntarily sleep whenever they come back from school, aside from Hinata who's always in the mood to play. That kid's energy is monstrous. I can't even keep up with him.

But aside from that, afternoons are pretty nice-

"U... UWAAAH!"

... I guess not today.

I am currently watching the television when I heard a loud crash from the kids' room.

"What happened?" I looked around the room. Aside from a ton of books buried over Tsukishima, looks like no one's seriously injured. "Why are you crying, Yachi?"

"Yachi couldn't find the family album!"

"Why do you need it?" I pulled Tsukishima out from the huge pile of books.

"... shignmwent."

"Your assignment?"

"The teachers wanted us to bring our baby photo." Tsukishima clarified, showing me his school diary.

"Okay, then." I went to my room and pulled out a box underneath the bed. Inside there was a small photo album that contains the kids' pictures when we adopted them.

"Yaaay!"

"Opwen, opwen!"

"That's not how you open books!" Hinata gently pushed his siblings aside. "Open... SESAME!"

"..."

A long silence made the boy tear up. "It didn't open..."

"Of course it wouldn't work-"

"It's because 'open sesame' doesn't work in the afternoon, Hinata," I covered Tsukki's mouth before he could shatter Hinata's childhood. "Go ahead and open it using your hands."

"Oooh! Who is this, Mommy?"

"That was when I and your Dad was your age," I chuckled. "See that boy on the left? That's your Uncle Asahi."

"Why is he crying?"

"Because his boots had a hole on its sole, and the snow is numbing his foot."

"Ashahi! Ashahi!"

"Dad looks like Kageyama!"

"Shut up, boke!"

"Kageyama, I told you not to call Hinata dumb."

"Don't worry Mom, he wouldn't know that I'm calling him one because it's Japanese."

"... but we're Japanese."