Chapter Four

February 13. Saturday. 3:00 AM.

"Mwomma... feed twip!"

"Yamaguchi, it's field trip."

"Shut up, Tsukki-tsukki! Let him be!"

"I told you not to call me that."

"Mom, we're going to be late."

"Jesus take the wheel, it's 3 AM in the morning. Can y'all go back to bed and sleep again?"

"Mwomma, feed twip!"

"I know, baby. But can you let me sleep for another ten minutes?"

"No, Mom! Wake up!"

"Urgh."

It was still too early but the kids are already wide awake. Seriously, I slept at 1 AM because Yachi can't sleep and she needs to be carried just to make her stop crying. She's sleeping now with Kiyoko in the guest room, but I barely had any sleep, and now they want me to wake up early? Give me a break.

"C'mere, you little chicks." From Kageyama to Tsukishima, I arranged them around me. "It's okay to be excited and such, but you'll regret it later if you feel sleepy. You won't be able to see the fishes. Is that okay with you? Everyone else will see it, except you."

"No... fwishes? Yamwagutti, s-yeep!"

"Mom, I'll sleep! So I can see the fishes!"

"I'll sleep too... so I can see the shark eating Hinata later!"

"I think it'll be much better if you two will be eaten instead."

"U... UWAAAH!"

"BOKE TSUKKI-TSUKKI, BOKE!"

"Sssh! Yachi and your auntie will wake up," I spread my arms across the bed. "Okay, sleep beside me."

With Hinata and Tsukishima on my right side, and Kageyama and Yamaguchi on my left, I was so glad that they went back to sleep again.

***

"Well... this is awkward."

I nudged Kiyoko's arm. "I'm the one who'll sit at the back. You sit beside him."

"Why would I sit beside my brother's ex?"

"Then should I?"

"Yes. I'm the older sister, you can't defy me."

"Hmph."

There are only two seats per row, and one gets to seat at the back. Daichi stood up from his seat. "I'll seat at the back—"

"No. My brother will sit beside you." Kiyoko pushed my back forward. "Don't feel awkward at all. We're going to take care of the kids together this day, after all."

I carried Kageyama and Hinata as I sat on the left side, which is closer to the window.

"Sorry," He mumbled as he sat beside me. Both of us flinched when we felt our arms bump to each other. "Sorry."

"Mom, I wanna sit on Dad's lap." Hinata pointed at Daichi.

"Then, go ahead," I gave Hinata to Daichi as I carry Tsukishima to my lap. "Are you feeling dizzy, Tsukki?"

He didn't answer, so I pulled out a plastic bag just in case. "Sleep for a while."

"I'll take Yachi and Yamaguchi," Kiyoko said as she settles down on her seat. As expected, the kids are still very sleepy. "You okay there, Suga?"

"Yeah."

I looked at Tsukishima... he's not doing that great. Usually, it's Hinata who was weak on long trips, but it looks like he's too excited to think about throwing up now.