Chapter Six

"Mommy, Yachi's hungry."

"Yacchan! I found this candy! Eat it!"

"Yaaay! Thank you!"

"Where did you buy it?"

"I took it from the baby's pocket!"

"... that's stealing, boke!"

"You okay, Suga?" Kiyoko asked. "You look tired."

"Yeah."

My mood suddenly went down after listening to Daichi and Kiyoko's talk.

Why? I thought he wanted to come back. I thought he's not thinking about her anymore. So why? Why is he not coming back yet?

I wish I can yell, "Fck you, come back to me. I miss you already". I sighed. I know I can't.

The only connection we have as of now is the kids. Without the kids, would he even look at me?

We're now in the middle of a 40-minute-drive to Yagiyama Zoological Park. I'm surprised that the kids still have the energy to spare after that exhausting walk around the oceanarium.

"What animal do you want to see there, Yachi?" I asked my daughter while brushing her hair.

"Yachi wants to see tigers!" She faced me for a quick second. "Will they eat me, Mommy?"

"No, since they're inside the cage." I pulled out a bow from my pocket and wrapped it on the right side of her hair. "Aren't you scared of them?"

"Tsukki is scarier!"

Well, I can't disagree. Speaking of Tsukki, I looked at him. He's sitting on my left lap, too occupied on watching the cars on the window.

"Is it fun to watch the cars?" I asked. It's rare for him to show an interest in anything aside from dinosaurs.

"No," He answered. "I'm waiting for a car accident."

"... huh?"

"In the midst of a busy day, where all the drivers and passengers are scurrying around, hurrying to get to their destination, one of the drivers stepped on the wrong pedal, and bumped with a ten-wheeler truck, and die. That is the road's ultimate, ideal story!"

"Oi, don't forget that we're on the road too."

[Oya oya?]

I looked at Daichi's phone. It was Kuroo.

[Why are you together? A date?]

"I see that your hair still looks weird as usual," I rolled my eyes at Kuroo. "Is Yaku there?"

[Ah, yeah. Wait a minute... Yaku! Suga is on the pho-]

[WAAAH!]

[WILL YOU REPEAT IT AGAIN?]

[N-No...]

[LOUDER, LEV.]

[I PROMISE WON'T KICK KENMA-SAN NEXT TIME- UWAAAH!]

Kuroo showed an awkward smile. [I don't think you can talk to him right now.]

Well, it's Yaku that we're talking about.

"We're on a field trip with the kids," Daichi explained. "Apparently, the school only allows two kids per adult."

[Then are you guys okay now?]

Daichi and I exchanged glances. We're in front of the kids. We can't say that we're not okay.

"N-"