Chapter 2- Alola

It had been eight months since Ash had arrived in Alola. He had joined the school. He had completed all the island trials and grand trials, and all the Tapus, or island guardians, were intersted in him. At first he was grumpy and cold, but as time passed, he returned to his old self. But still, the void remained. When Professor Kukui and Burnet married, he really missed Serena. He had found a great rival in Gladion, who was his strongest rival, even stronger than Alain. He could give any elite four a run for his money.

Ash had saved Alola from ultra beasts many times. He had even joined ultra guardians, a squad to defend Alola from ultra beasts. Soon, professor Kukui decided to have the first ever Alola league. The students were the first one to know. Kukui got Alola registered in pokemon league championship.

Three months passed. Soon, it was time for Alola league. First round was a battle royale, and only 16 trainers moved forward. Guzma, team Skull leader had also joined the league.

Ash soon had a battle against Faba, an Aether foundation employee and won. But the rest of the battles were at a level which far surpassed any battle between two elite fours. It was as if two champions were battling. Ash defeated Hau, Guzma and Gladion. Guzma had accepted that he was a coward, and thought of dissolving team skull, but found out that they looked up to him, and wanted to battle like him. 

During the battle, three guzzlords had appeared. They attacked everyone, but with the help from everyone, they were defeated. What was most surprising was that team skull helped everyone evacuate while Guzma fought alongside them. Naganadel, who had evolved from Ash's poipole, had also returned.

The next day, Ash fought and won against Masked Royal, who was actually professor Kukui. When he was asked to choose his elite four, he chose Kiawe as his first, Hau as his second, and Gladion as his fourth. What surprised everyone was that he chose Guzma as his third elite four.

Guzma was shocked. He thanked Ash, then completed all the island trials easily. As the Kahunas were easily as strong as any elite four, it was proven that Guzma was worthy. His Team Skull now helped officer Jenny.

Three months passed. One day, Ash got an invitation from pokemon league.

Ash Ketchum,

The pokemon league association is holding the Champions tournament, which happens every sixth year. All the champions participate with their elite four as their team. Each win of a member of elite four gets you two points, and win of the champion gets you three. 

We hope that you will let us host this tournament in Alola, and partiipate alongside your elite four.

Charles Goodshow.

Ps- We know you want to keep your identity secret, so we can arrange that no one knows about you until it's time for your battle.

"It's time to show the world our power" said Ash to his elite four.