Epilogue

Ash woke up in a bright place. It was his home, before he left his friends.

"Ash, it's been a long time."

Ash looked behind, and saw a man who he had only seen in pictures.

"Dad?"

"Yes kiddo"

"Does that mean that I am dead?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"How?" asked Ash.

"Well, you used your life force, or aura, to make your Z-move extremely powerful" said his father.

"Did I defeat him?" asked Ash.

"Yes"

Meanwhile, the Z-move had also hit Giovanni, shocking him into oblivion.

"Ash!" yelled Serena.

They ran towards him.

"Pika" said Pikachu, not believing he was dead. He hit him over and over again with thunderbolt. But soon, he was exhausted.

Everyone was crying. Serena had her head on his chest, as she hugged him.

Giratina fired random dark pulse and dragon breaths.

"Why do only the best die early" yelled Volcanion.

"Ash-Kan" lamented Hoopa.

"Ash, why? First Amber, then you?" said Mewtwo.

Guzma was in the corner, along with the Steven, Cynthia, Alder, Lance, Professor Kukui, and the rest of the elite four. 

"Hey dad, was I a good pokemon trainer?" asked Ash to his dad.

"You were the best" said Red.

"Are my friends safe?"

"Yes"

"Everyone?"

"Everyone Ash."

"So, what's next?"

"Well, you see, Arceus was extremely happy with you."

"What do you mean, dad?"

"He sent me to tell you, that you have the chance to go back."

"What?"

"Yeah. He said that you saved the world countless time. I mean, you are so selfless and brave. So, for once, be selfish. Just say you want your life back."

"What will it cost?"

"Nothing, but Jirachi, who offered this, will have to go to another 1000 year sleep."

"What! That would disturb the natural flow."

"No. It won't. Just for this one time, be selfish."

"Okay. I want my life back."

Back where Ash had died, Serena was still hugging him. Giratina had calmed down, but was still very sad. Suddenly, Serena felt Ash's heart beat.

"Huh? Ash is alive!" yelled Serena.

"That is not possible. We checked his pulse, it wasn't there" said Brock. As if on cue, Ash woke up.

"Pika!" yelled Pikachu as he hugged Ash. Everyone was beyond happy.

"Ash! I am sorry for everything" said Serena, crying.

He had a serious face. He looked at Pikachu, smirked and motioned him to get off.

"Ash I am so sorr mmmm" said Serena, before Ash took her hand, pulled her and kissed her on her lips. He again laid on ground, but this time with Serena on top.