Chapter 5- Quarter finals

The fourth day had begun. Until the quarter finals, Ash didn't need to battle.

"Let's see if we can see Ash battle today" said Cilan.

"Well, maybe we can. Kalos team is no pushover" said Gary.

Everyone except Ash had become quiet good friends with the old gang.

"Serena, Cheer up a little. Ash will forgive you eventually," said Gladion.

"Yeah, Ash forgives people easily. I was the leader of Team Skull, yet he forgave me" said Guzma.

"I don't know, I think I deserve this pain" said Serena.

"No you don't" said Gary.

"But I told him to give up," said Serena.

Before Gary could reply, Ash entered the box.

Soon, the battle against Kalos elite four started. Kiawe had lost to Malva, and Hau had lost to Wikstrom. Guzma had won against Drasna, but she called Alolan elite four weak.

"How dare she call us weak" said Kiawe.

"Ash, be ready. 3 minutes" said Gladion.

"Oh shit. Now he is gonna destroy them" said Lillie.

What followed was was 6 one hit knock outs. Siebold was shocked, but then went to Gladion as he shook his hands.

Finally, it was Ash's turn. The battle was a massacre. His pikachu, Greninja had defeated two opponents each and Luario had defeated one.

"Ash, I must say, it was pretty impressive, but I will not go down without a fight" said Diantha, as she sent out her gardevoir and mega evolved it.

"Well, sorry, but I must show those who called me weak, told me to give up what I am capable of. Lucario. Lets do it. Respond to my heart. Let's become the key stone and the mega stone. This is the power of us. Mega evolve" said Ash.

"What just happened! Lucario mega evolve without a key stone or a mega stone. Exactly how powerful is the Alolan Champion?" said The commentator.

"Lucario, close combat" said Ash.

"Use teleport gardevoir" said Diantha.

What followed was a game of chase. Diantha thought that she was outsmarting Ash, but was wrong.

"Lucario, now. Extreme speed" said Ash.

Before Diantha ould make the eye contact, Lucario hit Gardevoir.

"Close combat" said Ash.

Lucario hit Gardevoir several times, before she went blasting off on the wall behind Diantha.

"Gardevoir is unable to battle, Ash Ketchum is the winner" said the referee, as Diantha called Gardevoir back.

In the stands, Gary said "this was great, but still, something was missing."

"What do you mean?" asked a puzzled Bonnie.

"The look on his face, the sparkle in his eyes he had during Kalos league was missing," said Gary.

"Yeah, you are right," said Clemont.