Chapter 6

The semi finals were complete. Ash had defeated Steven, and Cynthia had defeated Lance. 'Tomorrow will be the day I become pokemon master' thought Ash. He went out of his hotel, towards the park.

When he reached the park, he saw Serena sitting on a bench. She was saying something.

Meanwhile, Serena was talking to herself.

"Why? Why am I so stupid? First I think that Ash will give up his dream, even after everything he went through. Then I think that Ash will forgive me, even though I know I don't deserve forgiveness. Why. I caused nothing but pain to him. I am a fool to think that he will ever love me. I am stupid. Stupid. I am weak. He will never love a weak and selfish person like me. I suggested everyone to tell him to give up his dream. Even though I knew how much it meant to him. Because of me he even hates his mom" said Serena, crying.

What she didn't know was that Ash was hearing. It pained Ash to see Serena like that. He never wanted her to suffer. He went back to his room. He was determined. He will make her happy. Happiest person in the world.

The next day, everyone was in the VIP box. Serena was sad as usual. But when Ash came, he sat next to her instead of next to Gary. This surprised everyone. Gary was grinning.

Soon, the match started. First, Kiawe lost. Then Hau lost. Ash was tense. He put his had over Serena's and tightened the grip. Serena was so shocked, that she was unable to speak. The next two matches were won by Guzma and Gladion. Soon, it was Ash's turn.

"I hope you are ready Ash" said Cynthia.

Ash didn't say anything, but looked at the VIP box. His eyes searched for only one. He made eye contact with Serena. He then turned to Cynthia, closed his eyes, took a deep breath and then opened his eyes. But now his eyes had such determination that shocked Cynthia.

"There is that look!" said Gary. "Now Cynthia is as good as defeated."

Meanwhile, Serena was shocked. He made eye contact with her.

"Let's do this. Pikachu, let's go."

"Spiritomb, come out."

"Pikachu, volt tackle"

"Shadow ball, spiritomb."

I stand tall 'cause I know I'm a winner
Knock me down, I'll just get up again

"Spiritomb is unable to battle"

"Go Roserade"

"Pikachu return. Infernape, you're up"

"Petal Dance"

"Flare blitz"

You've met your match, yeah, I'm no beginner
Pokémon,
Pokémon,
Gotta catch 'em all!

"Roserade is unable to battle"

"Go togekiss"

"Infernape, return. Go Lycanroc."

"Air slash"

"Rock slide"

I stand tall 'cause I know I'm a winner
Pokémon,
Pokémon,
Gotta catch 'em all!

"Go lucario"

"Lycanroc return. Lucario you are up."

"Close combat" both say at the same time.

I've got all my friends beside me
I'm keeping my eye on the ball

"Cynthia's lucario is unable to battle, Ash's lucario wins."

"Go Milotic"

"Lucario return. Sceptile go."

"Hydro cannon"

"Leaf blade"

With the wisdom of years to guide me,
I'm gonna catch 'em all

"Milotic is unable to battle"

"Go garchomp"

"Go charizard"

"Garchomp" "Charizard"

"Mega evolve" both of them say.

"Sanstorm"

"Fly up and use flame thrower"

"Use dragon rage"

"Dodge and use dragon rush"

"You too Garchomp"

"Charizard, overheat"

"Hyper beam"

Overheat overpowers hyper beam.

"Don't let it breathe, use seismic toss"

"Garchomp is unable to battle. Charizard wins. The winner of the match is Ash Ketchum."

"There we have folks. The new world Champion" says the commentator.