Darkness on Umbara part 1

The council, Wolfe and Cody woke up and saw that they were in a room with a screen and chairs, Kit Fisto says "where are we...and where is my lightsaber?" The rest of the council look down and also saw that their lightsabers were gone.

The screen then turns on and it says don't be scared, you are safe, my identity and your location are not important at the moment. What is it important is what your about to watch and what the 501st battalion had to go through while on Umbara with Master Krell.

Cody and Wolfe look down, they were one of the few people who Rex told about what it was like with Krell.

The council stare at the screen in surprise, the only thing that clones told them about Umbara was how he gave orders to the clones to shoot each other and how Dogma had killed him. Anakin told them that whenever he tried to get the 501st to talk about Krell, he would just sense sorrow and grief before they walked away so that they don't have to talk about the painful memories of it.

The council sit down and their commanders sit down next to their Generals, the screen then turns on.

The clones jump off of the ship on walkers and start to shoot at the Umbaran's, the clones charge in and some are able dodge the middles thrown at them. They continue to shoot at them and screams can be heard in the background as the clones push forward.

Wolfe and Cody put their head down to silently mourn for their dead brothers. The council sometimes had to tare their eyes away from the screen, they always hated watching clones die. It was never pretty.

The Umbarans's then send more missiles towards them but Skywalker then runs out with Rex following behind him.

Anakin: "Be careful, the enemy could have this whole place rigged with traps."

Hadcase trips and another clone comes over to him.

Clone: "It's just a vine, keep moving Hardcase."

They run but the vine then moves back a little.

The council all exchange each other a glance, something told them that plant is gonna cause some major trouble.

The vine then wraps around Fives and starts swinging him back and forth. He starts shooting at it and another clone can be heard screaming as it's picked up, the plant then shows its mouth and brings out another tentacle to grab him, Fives takes out a bomb and throws it to the other tentacle, the plant eats it and explodes, Fives is let go and the others come help him up.

The council all let out a breathe they didn't know that they were keeping.

Hardcase: "Nice work Fives."

Fives: "Hardcase, right?"

Hardcase: "yeah, that's what they call me."

They then start to walk back to the battle.

Anakin takes out a pair of Binoculars and scans the battle ground, an Umabaran can be seen pointing a gun kthen putting something on the ground, it turns into a scorpion looking thing and starts crawling towards the clones.

Clone: "What is that! Look out!"

They then start shooting at it but it keeps dodging it. The Umbaran's then continue to shoot at them and the clones fire back. One clone gets on the walker and says

Clone: "Their behind us"

He then gets shot on his walker.

Rex: "Their pulling an air strike in the enemy's positions."

Anakin: "Lets hope their not to busy helping Obi Wan."

Obi Wan rolled his eyes at that, of course Anakin would think that he would need help when he's always the one getting in trouble.

Rex: "theirs an opening to our south, I recommend that we move all platoons off the ridge Incase the air strike over shoots."

Anakin: "good thinking Rex. Everyone! Move out, now!

All the clones start while shots are rain down on them. Once they were safe, the air strike came and blew up the Umbaran's.

Rex: "good old Odd-Ball, always on target."

A ring of explosions then happen.

Anakin: "I think we got all the men off the ridge."

Rex: "yeah"

Clone: " that'll teach them"

A gunner then lands and Krell steps out.

Wolfe and Cody tensed when they saw him, their Generals noticed this so Plo wrapped an arm around his commanders shoulders while Obi Wan put a hand on Cody's shoulder to show him comfort, they knew on how the clones all acted when they talked about Krell, that he was not good to them.

Jesse: "General Krell's here?"

Fives: "Something big must be going on."

Anakin: "General Krell, what can I do for you."

Krell: "The council just ordered you back to Courasant, effective immediately."

Anakin: "What? Why?"

Krell: "I'm afraid a request was made by the supreme chancellor and the council obliged, that was all they would tell me."

The council looked down, they always partially blamed themselves for this mess because they agreed to let the Chancellor pull Anakin out of the battle.

Anakin: "But I cant just leave my men."

Krell: "I'll be taking over in the interim."

Anakin: "Master Krell, this is Rex, my first in command, you won't find a finer or more loyal trooper anywhere."

The council members disagreed with that, they thought their Commanders were more loyal but they decided against saying it.

Krell: "Good to hear that, I wish you well Skywalker."

Anakin nods and walks towards the gunners. Leaving Rexa by his men alone with Krell.